Rightmove Voyeurism

I do think in the unlikely event that I ever owned a house like some of these, with a pool, that I would rarely use it. Looks nice to dip in on a warm day but would be crap for actual swimming. By the time you turn, two strokes and you are at the other side.
Friends of ours bought a nice place in the middle of nowhere (Alnham is the local metropolis), with a nice pool.
They can't afford to heat it.

I do think in the unlikely event that I ever owned a house like some of these, with a pool, that I would rarely use it. Looks nice to dip in on a warm day but would be crap for actual swimming.
First time I ever went to my sisters sister-in-laws on the wentworth estate in Virginia waters as we drove up the drive I thought they had a small cottage on the side of the house,turns out it was a pump/heating room of sorts for the indoor pool.

Friends of ours bought a nice place in the middle of nowhere (Alnham is the local metropolis), with a nice pool.
They can't afford to heat it.
I suppose that is one of the things. If you want to be able to dip in when you feel like it, you need to keep the water heated all the time. That has to cost, unless you have a solar farm.

I have often wondered the same about hot tubs, they must cost a fair bit to heat. Do they get full of bugs easily? We have had paddling pools for the kids and it seems that after an hour half the local insects have died in it.

I suppose that is one of the things. If you want to be able to dip in when you feel like it, you need to keep the water heated all the time. That has to cost, unless you have a solar farm.

I have often wondered the same about hot tubs, they must cost a fair bit to heat. Do they get full of bugs easily? We have had paddling pools for the kids and it seems that after an hour half the local insects have died in it.
When we bought our house we loved the place but didn’t think we’d use the pool. Turns out we use it just about every day in the summer, even if just for a few minutes exercise. We hardly use the hot tub though.

As for the insects, they go straight into the filters.

When we bought our house we loved the place but didn’t think we’d use the pool. Turns out we use it just about every day in the summer, even if just for a few minutes exercise. We hardly use the hot tub though.

As for the insects, they go straight into the filters.
One thing I'll never understood is the recent popularity of those things. Seems pointless, although probably missing something great about them

One thing I'll never understood is the recent popularity of those things. Seems pointless, although probably missing something great about them
We had one in our holiday home a few years back. The lasses were in all day but I only had a dodge in on the last night in a "I've paid for it so I'm going to use it" attitude. It was nice enough and relaxing but I was already relaxed and now I was pissing wet.
I'm sure @The Raven will be along soon to tell you about my short lived "I've paid for it so I'm going to use it" visit to the sauna in our house in Amsterdam.:lol:

Invite mates round to sit in a giant bath. Seems odd to me.

Then again, I didn’t see any point in tablets until I won an iPad then suddenly found my PC rarely got used.

Back