Rightmove Voyeurism

Why is it so cheap for the SE? Flood plain? New road coming? Houses to be built on adjoining land?

No idea.. you do get a lot compared to my area once you get out there .

Huge building programme along that corridor

On the flightpath of Stansted maybe?

Nah.. too far east for that.. some great places near Stansted on the market too. Lovely villages

As it happens how about this on freehold.. near that house

It's tempting me..

Check out this commercial property on Rightmove!

Last edited:
Why is it so cheap for the SE? Flood plain? New road coming? Houses to be built on adjoining land?

Good questions...

Here is a snippet from Kelvedon Parish Council:

In October 2001 Coggeshall, Feering and Kelvedon suffered from significant flooding.
In 2006 we commissioned a study to explore whether a scheme would be viable for the villages.
Since then, in May 2012 and February 2014 the villages have experienced further flooding.
The study demonstrated that the cost-benefit ratio for this area was low, resulting in options which were too expensive to fund through Flood Defence Grant in Aid (FDGiA) money.
The study highlighted the need to complete a hydrological model of Robin’s Brook, a “Main River” under our jurisdiction before considering a future scheme.
This work was completed in 2013 allowing us to do further investigation.

Looking at the map 'Robin's Brook' is a boundary on the east of the property...risky?

No idea.. you do get a lot compared to my area once you get out there .

Huge building programme along that corridor

Nah.. too far east for that.. some great places near Stansted on the market too. Lovely villages

As it happens how about this on freehold.. near that house

It's tempting me..

Check out this commercial property on Rightmove!
Sell your house n property empire n buy em both. Mebbes sell some land at the far end of the house garden and pub garden to a builder. Sorted.

Good questions...

Here is a snippet from Kelvedon Parish Council:

In October 2001 Coggeshall, Feering and Kelvedon suffered from significant flooding.
In 2006 we commissioned a study to explore whether a scheme would be viable for the villages.
Since then, in May 2012 and February 2014 the villages have experienced further flooding.
The study demonstrated that the cost-benefit ratio for this area was low, resulting in options which were too expensive to fund through Flood Defence Grant in Aid (FDGiA) money.
The study highlighted the need to complete a hydrological model of Robin’s Brook, a “Main River” under our jurisdiction before considering a future scheme.
This work was completed in 2013 allowing us to do further investigation.

Looking at the map 'Robin's Brook' is a boundary on the east of the property...risky?
Good work. Epping hold the property empire sale.

Expensive but location is belting

I love that street! One a bit further down was on the other side of the road was up for sale a while back and it had two massive bay windows with stunning views of the Cathedral. Sadly I didn't have a spare million kicking about to buy it though.

Back