Rightmove Voyeurism

The Kent mines were more out towards Deal I think. There were only 3 or 4 of them iirc

Isn't that a bit of pikey area mate or am I getting mixed up?
Hope not. We've spent a lot of time there and it's really nice. I mean it's still effectively south east London like but for what we're paying I hope its not pikey. Just had our digs valued today so process is off and running.
Hmmmm. Mebbes I misunderstood. These lads lived Orpington way....mebbes they moved there?
It's not Kent like. Close as you'll get mind but still greater London. Part of Bromley

Last edited:
Hope not. We've spent a lot of time there and it's really nice. I mean it's still effectively south east London like but for what we're paying I hope its not pikey. Just had our digs valued today so process is off and running.

It's not Kent like. Close as you'll get mind but still greater London. Part of Bromley
That’s Kent. East of Surrey Quays is Kent. Was so for nigh on a thousand years. It’s like saying Sunderlands not in Durham.

Ah right. Could have been open cast. As I said unfamiliar with Orpington mines.
As someone else said I think most the Kent mines were further out towards the coast. Not sure if there was owt around Orpington.
There’s quite a history between families in Kent & the North East with migration off the farms to the pits through the 19th & early 20th centuries.

As someone else said I think most the Kent mines were further out towards the coast. Not sure if there was owt around Orpington.
There’s quite a history between families in Kent & the North East with migration off the farms to the pits through the 19th & early 20th centuries.
North Kent is very similar to the NE.

I think I might be getting mixed up with the Crays. To be honest mate you are moving out to the suburbs just like I did. Will you still be in a London travel zone.
The Kent pits were solid but then got fucked over very quickly after the strike. I remember the names Betteshanger Snowdon and Tilmanstone.

Last edited:
I think I might be getting mixed up with the Crays. To be honest mate you are moving out to the suburbs just like I did. Will you still be in a London travel zone.

The Kent pits were solid but then got fucked over very quickly after the strike. I remember the names Betteshanger Snowdon and Tilmanstone.
Foots cray isn't far. That's not nice. Don't know about zone but the season ticket is just under 2k so not bad.

North Kent is very similar to the NE.
I was going to post something along those lines. Two big industries in Kent were mining and ship building at Chatham, much the same as the north east. Both lost at the same time. They did have tourism, which rapidly declined with cheap flights to Spain, and a lot of farming, which is still doing well, particularly fruit. As well as that, there are a lot of people who work in London but live in Kent.

You hear about the affluent south east, but go out to towns like Dover, Folkstone, Margate, Ashford, Maidstone, Sittingbourne, etc, and they are all pretty grim. Sittingbourne is the edge of the main commuter belt into London, where the north coast train really fills up, and the high street is a pretty desperate place.

Crays is pikey as owt.
I was going to post something along those lines. Two big industries in Kent were mining and ship building at Chatham, much the same as the north east. Both lost at the same time. They did have tourism, which rapidly declined with cheap flights to Spain, and a lot of farming, which is still doing well, particularly fruit. As well as that, there are a lot of people who work in London but live in Kent.

You hear about the affluent south east, but go out to towns like Dover, Folkstone, Margate, Ashford, Maidstone, Sittingbourne, etc, and they are all pretty grim. Sittingbourne is the edge of the main commuter belt into London, where the north coast train really fills up, and the high street is a pretty desperate place.
Kid at work lives near ebbsfleet and he’s praying for the theme park to start As he’s sick of commuting into London every day. Three or four years sitework and hopefully get in on the maintenance side once it’s up n running. Trouble is everyone out there will be thinking the same. My moneys on him Pulling it off.

Last edited:

Back