Rightmove Voyeurism

But my point has been proven ,the same shite built in Washington ,Cleadon and Nicholas Avenue and on a bigger scale Darras Hall are gradually coming down .All 1970’s houses of the same ilk .

Got to have some real wedge to buy a house at £xxx then knock the bugger down and lose all the equity from it , in effect over pay for the plot of land.

Good luck to whoever can do it though.

This one is sold now.
Check out this property for sale on Rightmove!

Despite cracking views and location, the size, layout, lack of privacy and any real outdoor space made it a poor choice for the price in my opinion.

I liked the actual house but it is expensive for where it is and no garden.

This is an odd one for £750,000

The floor plan doesn't seem to flow and it just seems weird. The rooms either look like nobody lives there or they're far too cluttered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to have some real wedge to buy a house at £xxx then knock the bugger down and lose all the equity from it , in effect over pay for the plot of land.

I worked on one in 2005 who did exactly this (Darras Hall).
Squeezed an 8 bed kip onto a two bed bungalow plot. Sold it for 800k. I don’t know what it cost them.

I agree ,but is the done thing and the right thing to do in a lot of cases .

Vat to be saved aswell .

The floor plan doesn't seem to flow and it just seems weird. The rooms either look like nobody lives there or they're far too cluttered.
Looks fucki g awful, sure there's a half decent house in there somewhere but I wouldn't pay even half of what they're asking for it.

Not a fan of that. They could do a better job of it with the layout but not sure I could live there. Everything feels wrong and they haven't done themselves any favours by making some rooms look like they are filled with loads of tat. One of the bathrooms was hideous.

Pretty sure that’s don Goodmans old house when he played for us. I used to live in St. John’s road as a kid and he showed me round.

Not a fan of that. They could do a better job of it with the layout but not sure I could live there. Everything feels wrong and they haven't done themselves any favours by making some rooms look like they are filled with loads of tat. One of the bathrooms was hideous.
Not done themselves any favours by having the photos make you feel the hallucinogens are about to kick in properly.

Back