Rightmove Voyeurism

i'm many things, but i'm not a farmer :)

i'd be happy with a 3 bed house in lenox head or similar with a walk to the beach. if we do manage somewhere in byron that would be amazing, friday beers at the rails...!
Well he's not either. More of a bushman. It's my mate I used to camping with who's a WO1 in the RAE. Just waiting to retire up there and spend his days outdoors.

Get yourself somewhere there then I can stay with him for a few days bush and you for beach. Happy days :D

Well he's not either. More of a bushman. It's my mate I used to camping with who's a WO1 in the RAE. Just waiting to retire up there and spend his days outdoors.

Get yourself somewhere there then I can stay with him for a few days bush and you for beach. Happy days :D

no problem at all Bob... :)

How did this modern design get planning permission for the heart of Whitburn village :confused:
Check out this property for sale on Rightmove!

No garden for sunshine but neighbour's house is some size and has plenty!

Southend House Whitburn on Rightmove LINK - Someone made a million in 6 years from 1999 to 2005. I wonder what profit they made as probably made improvements too.

Google Maps LINK

Looks like it was up for sale for £2,800,000 last time it was listed. It was the tennis court on Google maps that made me notice the size of the grounds.

Property history - South End House, Church Lane, Whitburn, Sunderland SR6 7JL - Marketed for sale on N/A - Zoopla

Last edited by a moderator:
How did this modern design get planning permission for the heart of Whitburn village :confused:
Check out this property for sale on Rightmove!

Why shouldn’t it. Some or all of The existing housing would have been considered contemporary at one time?
if an existing property has some heritage value that’s one thing but if a new build is allowed then you should be able to use contemporary design, architecture and materials.
Without that then none of the other architectural periods and there uniqueness would exist today.

Why shouldn’t it. Some or all of The existing housing would have been considered contemporary at one time?
if an existing property has some heritage value that’s one thing but if a new build is allowed then you should be able to use contemporary design, architecture and materials.
Without that then none of the other architectural periods and there uniqueness would exist today.
Yet these “contemporary “ buildings like the ones in Whitburn and those monstrous houses on the felling bypass are a step backwards to the 70’s.In my vast experience of dealing with architects the type who commission such designs are pretty lazy and predictable in their work .
They will be coming back down within 70-100 year .

Yet these “contemporary “ buildings like the ones in Whitburn and those monstrous houses on the felling bypass are a step backwards to the 70’s.In my vast experience of dealing with architects the type who commission such designs are pretty lazy and predictable in their work .
They will be coming back down within 70-100 year .

you could go back through the centuries and would have heard the same thing over and over again :)

But my point has been proven ,the same shite built in Washington ,Cleadon and Nicholas Avenue and on a bigger scale Darras Hall are gradually coming down .All 1970’s houses of the same ilk .

I agree poorly built housing will have a shelf life, that's irrespective of style (era) though. there'll be shoddily built faux homes being knocked up as we speak that will be falling down in a couple of decades.

I agree poorly built housing will have a shelf life, that's irrespective of style (era) though. there'll be shoddily built faux homes being knocked up as we speak that will be falling down in a couple of decades.
Your missing my point ,there is nothing wrong with these houses structurally .Its the ghastly 60-70’s architecture from the same clowns that designed our town centre before the bridges went up that encourage people to buy up these houses which are in good areas and flattern them.
Over the rd on Nicholas Avenue a couple of these houses have came down this year .

Your missing my point ,there is nothing wrong with these houses structurally .Its the ghastly 60-70’s architecture from the same clowns that designed our town centre before the bridges went up that encourage people to buy up these houses which are in good areas and flattern them.
Over the rd on Nicholas Avenue a couple of these houses have came down this year .
The ones on Nicholas Avenue haven’t actually come down, they’ve been massively extended as they were small. Me and @luvulongtime watched the progress. There was one totally demolished on a Markham Avenue and replaced with a strange one like.

some of that is now heritage listed now, or people are fighting to have it listed :)

it's all subjective I suppose :lol:

Back