Rightmove Voyeurism

Had to have a little chuckle at this one which popped up on my email today;

Reduced to £225k. It was on for well over £300k. Developer totally taking the piss on that site. A 5 bed detached sounds great. A 5 bed detached with no garden?

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:

Reduced to £225k. It was on for well over £300k. Developer totally taking the piss on that site. A 5 bed detached sounds great. A 5 bed detached with no garden?

That's pathetic! It's really close to the house behind too, so no privacy either.

That's pathetic! It's really close to the house behind too, so no privacy either.
Aye it is too. The houses at Sandbrooks and the Avant ones at Seaburn are also very close to one another but at least it's next to each other and not backing on. They've got decent gardens.

Classic case of an overly greedy developer. Imagine thinking people will pay that kind of money for a 5 bed house with no garden at all.

Nee gardening dilemma though.

Horrible that like, kitchen and other fittings seem to be basic as owt.

I've heard they had problems selling some of the other houses, I'm sure one of the 2/3 bed ones on the main road was up for sale for ages.

Horrible that like, kitchen and other fittings seem to be basic as owt.

I've heard they had problems selling some of the other houses, I'm sure one of the 2/3 bed ones on the main road was up for sale for ages.
Yes. Looks worse than the new build I lived in 15 years ago. Bathroom abysmal too.

That's unbelievable. How on earth does it get planning permission?

Madness isn't it. Planning should be a design gateway you need to get through. And design is about functional and fit for purpose not just aesthetics.

That's a three bed house too. Why they have tried to squeeze 5 tiny bedrooms in is beyond me.
It is shocking what they call rooms in some of these new houses. When I moved we looked at a few new builds. One one estate we looked at the 3 bed and the bigger 4 bed. They were really not that much bigger but the 4 bed had a 'dining room'. That was a 2m x 2m square room that had a small round table in the middle and 2 chairs, it just fit. The sales woman made a big deal about how nice it was to have the separate dining room. I pointed our that in a 4 bed house you should be able to fit 5 people in. You would never get 3 in, especially not a bairn in a high chair. She tried to make out it was bigger than it looked, so I stood in the middle of one wall, stretched out and could almost touch opposite walls. Turned 90 degrees and did the same. It was a large cupboard.

The 4th bedroom upstairs was directly above this room and the same size. You could get a bed in and no other furniture.

We went for a cheaper 1970s build with masses more space.

How is an estate of new builds a mews?

Think the photographer has been on the Frosty Jacks

£4.6 million for a two bed flat 😳

Like these near seaham

Doesnt mention their on a busy road, 100 yards from a19 and tiny gardens as well

Back