Rightmove Voyeurism

I'm hoping to be back in the north east this year, this will be our retirement house, next stop the cemetry :D
A couple of lovely houses came up in Alnwick but it would be pushing my travel to the limit of what I could tolerate. Morpeth was the missus first choice but there wasn’t much coming up when we were looking. Think it will be Weardale when we retire. Hope you find something you love.

Quite like this albeit I've never fancied Cleadon.
Very nice apart from.......WTF is that thing to the R/H of the oven?
Does every home in the NE have a guitar player under its roof and why aren’t there enough guitar cases to go round? That’s a business op reet there: NE GuitarCasesDirect.com. I’m gonna retire, buy this house, sort that oven monstrosity out, get me guitar case dealers website up n running then buy out Kyrille in a couple of years. Form an orderly queue all you website designers....
All that care and attention to detail and they couldn’t be arsed to have a built in oven fitted! Leaps out as a mistake.

Very nice apart from.......WTF is that thing to the R/H of the oven?
Does every home in the NE have a guitar player under its roof and why aren’t there enough guitar cases to go round? That’s a business op reet there: NE GuitarCasesDirect.com. I’m gonna retire, buy this house, sort that oven monstrosity out, get me guitar case dealers website up n running then buy out Kyrille in a couple of years. Form an orderly queue all you website designers....
All that care and attention to detail and they couldn’t be arsed to have a built in oven fitted! Leaps out as a mistake.
See it all the time, especially microwaves on the benches of 30k kitchens LOL

Anyone got a million quid and want to live in York?

Buy a git big mirror and lean it against the wall.
What could possibly go wrong?
Check out this 3 bedroom farm house for sale on Rightmove potential development of stone barns, farmhouse and 50 acres all for £795k.

If that was in Scotland, Mrs K would be putting down a deposit

Last edited:
Must just be me that looks at some of these places and is immediately turned off by them being in the middle of nowhere. We seem to have a lot of aspiring hermits on here.
Issues with neighbours - no
Noise from traffic - no
Big garden - insanely big
Beautiful views - yes
Really nice walks right on your doorstep - yes
Dark night skies - yes
Defensible in a zombie apocalypse - yes

What is there not to like?

Issues with neighbours - no
Noise from traffic - no
Big garden - insanely big
Beautiful views - yes
Really nice walks right on your doorstep - yes
Dark night skies - yes
Defensible in a zombie apocalypse - yes

What is there not to like?

How do I get to the match, the pub, it'd be taxis every time I went out and I bet there's not many of them in the area. I'm sure the views are nice but if I had a whopping budget I'm sure I could find summat detached with no traffic noise in somewhere far more convenient. Each to their own, doesnt appeal to me at all.

The zombie thing had me rethinking, but living in TEF I'm comfortable my survival skills are pretty good anyway.

Back