Rightmove Voyeurism

Two houses stuck in the past and next door to each other. Half a million each! I wonder if it was siblings who lived next door to each other?

They've both used the same interior designer by the looks of them

I think it looks canny. On the right side of Alnwick for getting to Alnmouth. The fact it's a semi puts me off a bit.

This would be my ideal place in the Alnwick area

Check out this 3 bedroom terraced house for sale on Rightmove

or this in Broomhill

Check out this 3 bedroom detached house for sale on Rightmove
I like em but it’s the “out in the sticks” element that puts me off the country.
If I make a cup of tea then walk to the paper shop and back with a paper and the teas to cold to drink then I’m not interested. Not that I buy papers anymore but the principle still stands. I’m a townie at heart. I want pubs, restaurants, cinemas, theatres, swimming pools, football grounds etc within walking distance.

I think it looks canny. On the right side of Alnwick for getting to Alnmouth. The fact it's a semi puts me off a bit.

or this in Broomhill

I drove past that house in Edlingham last week, looks ok.
Broomhill is a dump.
I'm just putting this on here in case anyone fancies living in achy balls

Check out this 3 bedroom semi-detached house for sale on Rightmove
Oaky Balks is a nice enough estate, pretty much opposite the new Peters Mill developement.

Last edited:
I'm just putting this on here in case anyone fancies living in achy balls

Check out this 3 bedroom semi-detached house for sale on Rightmove
Actually looked at that when we were house hunting. Didn’t view it like.

or this in Broomhill

We drove past that second one anarl, it’s not very nice.

Last edited:
Have you found somewhere? I think we'll end up in Tees or Weardale to be closer to the MiL, although the more I look the more I fancy being back in Northumberland

We drove past that second one anarl, it’s not very nice.
I don't know Broomhill, some of my family who still live in northumberland will. I moved to the north west nearly 40 years ago, so rely on others for local information on where is ok and where is dodgy

Last edited:
Have you found somewhere? I think we'll end up in Tees or Weardale to be closer to the MiL, although the more I look the more I fancy being back in Northumberland
Aye, been up today to fill in the paperwork for a new build.

I don't know Broomhill, some of my family who still live in northumberland will. I moved to the north west nearly 40 years ago, so rely on others for local information on where is ok and where is dodgy
We did view a house there, it was in a cul de sac behind the main road. There’s not much there mind but wouldn’t say it was dodgy.

Back