Rightmove Voyeurism

Overpriced
A massive understatement. I know it is all about location however, for that money, there will be better properties in that area. Yes most will not be brand new however 3/4 of a million ffs.... No doubt it will sell though so what do i know. If i had that money and wanted to live near there i would have gone for one of the new-builds on La Sargesse site.
Check out this 6 bedroom house for sale on Rightmove

Two houses stuck in the past and next door to each other. Half a million each! I wonder if it was siblings who lived next door to each other?

Two houses stuck in the past and next door to each other. Half a million each! I wonder if it was siblings who lived next door to each other?

I’m sure my gran used to have carpets like the first one, especially on the stairs.
It's like the USS Nostromo off Alien. I'd be lying in bed paranoid every time I hear a noise thinking it could be face huggers scuttling about.
Because of the house or Low Fell in general?

I like them. Two real homes that have been loved and cared for over the years just waiting for a couple of young people to come along and bring bring them up to date. Shame the property developers will get their hands on them instead.
I like that but not sure about the elephant in the room 😂

I love the elephant in the room but don’t have sufficient space for it though I could stretch to a shed in the garden!

Last edited:

Some parts of Walthamstow E17 are really pricey (Walthamstow Village, literally the other side of the Trainline to those) very middle class hipster style. Creeping gentrification and some modernisation could double someone’s money I reckon.
@riffraff your old manor?

Last edited:

Possibly.
Racial breakdown of the E17 postcode a few years back when I lived around there was around 33% white-black-asian. Then the Eastern European’s and white South Africans moved in, though the saffers have mainly gone home or elsewhere. Mebbes a couple of white east London holdouts!

Worked for a few local developers a long time ago who wouldve leapt on those two, they’ve retired now. Those two would never have actually gotten to market back then as the estate agents have a list of developer buyers they’d prefer to sell too as they know it’ll be back on the market with them within six months. That is the deal, buy a place on the preferred list, no mortgage reqd, say yes or no on first viewing, pay solicitors extra to,push it through quicker, have it back on the market within six months for a house and less for a flat. If you can’t do all that you’ll nivver pick up a real bargain as the real bargains nivver appear in the windows or in adverts.

Asian families rarely get estate agents involved and would look to sell in their own community. Fair play for that as I hate estate agents.

Yip I think you could be right there Detective Sergeant Becs of the Property Page Police.
I like them. Two real homes that have been loved and cared for over the years just waiting for a couple of young people to come along and bring bring them up to date. Shame the property developers will get their hands on them instead.
Pro property developers would’ve had em long before they appeared in estate agents windows or on the internet.
Some parts of Walthamstow E17 are really pricey (Walthamstow Village, literally the other side of the Trainline to those) very middle class hipster style. Creeping gentrification and some modernisation could double someone’s money I reckon.
@riffraff your old manor?
I was a long way from there, nearer the mini Manhattan that Blackhorse Rd tube area has become. Do a search it’s unbelievable.
“The Village“ is half way between Walthamstow Central and Wood St though estate agents have been expanding it for years! I dunno if it’d be classed as a village street yet though? There’s two old school smbrs used to live around those parts that you know may have a better idea than me.
Living there would be handy for driving up north for the match, get up early on sat morning and you’d be on the M11 in five mins. Thats also very near where that Spurs keeper came off his motorbike on Forest Rd a few years back. Used to see Rods white stretch limo driving down there heading into town a lot anarl.
Awesomestow became a lot cooler after I moved out apparently. Hmmmmmmm.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back