Rightmove Voyeurism

Interesting neighbours

Lovely house.

Also kudos to the Estate Agents for trying to sell it as “get a free tiger experience!” Rather than “you’ll lie awake every night wondering if the fence is strong enough”.

Lovely house.

Also kudos to the Estate Agents for trying to sell it as “get a free tiger experience!” Rather than “you’ll lie awake every night wondering if the fence is strong enough”.

I liked "benefiting from tigers at the bottom of the garden." That's probably the best unique selling point I've ever seen 😁

Lick of paint and it's ready to move into. I love the raised kitchen island:

I follow the story of this couple about accidentally buying a house on Dunoon and spending the last couple of years doing it up.

Last edited:
Nice location but challenging project...and not that much land
CONDITION
The house has obvious subsidence. However, we are informed by the Vendor that this is a historic issue and the property has been in this condition for a number of years. It is advised that any interested parties undertake their own research into this matter.
Half of Sunderland and Co Durham has some form of subsidence Unfortunately ... mine shafts

I love the Northumberland one
Shows the mental differences in prices based on location. I like the one near Loch Ness. In the whole thread, I don’t think I’ve seen so much house and land for £450k.

This is it on rightmove:

They’re all deranged in Louth. Seriously weird. I think one had my watch away from my room working in Scotland. Twats.
I was at uni with a fella from Louth. Used to coach our football team. Nice fella, but always at pains to stress he was the normal one. He wasn't actually that normal.

Wow, wtf??!

Even with all that clutter, there feels something empty and sterile about a lot of modern big houses like that, and ones in this country. Hard tiled walls, hard marble walls and surfaces. I was thinking the same about the patio in the first few pictures. An impressive pool but endless stone surfaces. The only greenery is potted identical plants that don’t look like they belong. There are trees in that one but not one flower bed or anything in the garden untidy. There have been a few UK ones on here where you wonder if a bee or a sparrow has ever landed on the property.

I look at places like that and think I’d need to spend a fair bit just to have a place that feels warm and comfortable.

Back