Rightmove Voyeurism

Houses similar to that on the loch just south of Dunoon on the way to the castle where the Cameron’s slaughtered their hosts and the oil rigs used to be built were going for £25-30,000 back in early 90s when the Americans were still there.
I arranged to meet a few of the local lads we worked with and they directed me to pub down by the ferry. Walked in and I was the only white face in there, twas weird. A shortbread tin picture village outside the front door and East St Louis inside. Waddya mean? Of COURSE I said toodleooo. Sharpish anarl. They were watching from a hotel bar further up. The twats. Mind we’d all do it given the chance.

This would be class if you had the money to both buy it and refurbish it.

I have no words for this one 😲

The son must know they are not the favourite in that house mind, not sure if the mother is trying to also be a disney princess or has made the place into her daughters dream house.

Seems to be pleanty of new houses coming up for sale I havent had a viewing on mine though since the new level lockdowns came into place and then we went into proper lockdown.

Last edited:
Not sure if we've seen this one before but apparently comes with an exceptional level of interior design.
I'll let you be the judge.
Definitely the best bathroom in SR6.
Jesus wept. My eyes!

That tower is better than a similar tower that was on Grand Designs (much taller). They spent a fortune on it, to make a multi-million pound home, but it was in the middle of a run down estate.

The cork bathroom brought back memories of a family in the next street who suddenly decorated most their house in stick on cork tiles. Floors, walls and I think in the bathroom, he ceiling too.

I’d want a lift and a helter skelter for the first one.

No words? One word, PINNNNNNNNNK!

That is a right bargain. If only I could work from home.
Just remembered what I missed off me other post. Back when I was there it was all Brit and us navy personnel or retired people. No work except in Glasgow which meant a ferry every day (bar always open) then a traffic jam 20 miles into Glasgow. I was tempted but a 5AM start wasn’t appealing tbh. So I stayed down south where I have a errrh errrh 5:30 start.

One of the lads we worked with lived in Dunoon and had been working in Dubai. To get to Dunoon from Glasgow Airport you get the ferry from Gourock/Greenock iirc. If his Dubai to somewhere then somewhere to London then London to Glasgow flights all left n landed on time he’d make the last ferry with about five mins to spare sprinting through airports n customs and getting the first taxi on the rank etc. He’d ring from the airport begging the ferry co to wait for him as he knew em all from school and through family etc. Miss it and it was two and a half hours in a cab or Hired car or his sisters borrowed car or stop at his sisters in Glasgow for the night. He reckoned in 4 yrs or so he had a 50-50 ferry catching record. Bollocks to that, no nights out in the big city! No thanks.

Itll be a lovely place especially now the yanks have gone I reckon plus working from home etc. Prices will rise once C19s sorted.

I like the look of this but it’s in the wrong part of Northumberland for us.
Got a fair bit of potential for that price. I’m assuming that is a holiday park and not a travellers site out the back.

I like the look of this but it’s in the wrong part of Northumberland for us.

Thats pretty much in the car park for the walk up to Hare Shaw Lynn. I like Bellingham, stayed there many times over the years and the bakers does the best steak pies in Northumberland, but it’s in the middle of nowhere and slow roads in and out.
Lots of potential mind. Reminds me of a property I was looking at a year or so ago called Hagworm Hall. I’ll see if I can dig out a link.

Edit;

This would be stunning done up and have spectacular scenery all year round, just very remote.

Last edited:
Got a fair bit of potential for that price. I’m assuming that is a holiday park and not a travellers site out the back.
Aye, there’s a couple there. Think it will go for well over the guide, going to watch the auction.
Thats pretty much in the car park for the walk up to Hare Shaw Lynn. I like Bellingham, stayed there many times over the years and the bakers does the best steak pies in Northumberland, but it’s in the middle of nowhere and slow roads in and out.
Lots of potential mind. Reminds me of a property I was looking at a year or so ago called Hagworm Hall. I’ll see if I can dig out a link.

Edit;

This would be stunning done up and have spectacular scenery all year round, just very remote.
Aye, the roads are a bit shit. That one you posted would be fantastic but bleak in the winter. Be ok if you didn’t need to leave the house for three months a year.

Last edited:
Aye, there’s a couple there. Think it will go for well over the guide, going to watch the auction.

Aye, the roads are a bit shit. That one you posted would be fantastic but bleak in the winter. Be ok if you didn’t need to leave the house for three months a year.
Been six months this year.

Back