Rightmove Voyeurism

There’s no reason that I can see that we could have been living in a house worth that if we’d still been living in the capital.
The 2 bed house we sold 17 yrs ago for 150k is now worth over 350 so if we had moved one ore 2 more times then we could have turned it into that kind of money I reckon. It’s daft how much they have gone up

Daft people willing to pay is the problem, it's certainly fucked things up for this generation.
Banks are now giving mortgages not with life but funeral cover. :lol:

Probably aye. The national average disposable income is summat like 27k. But I’m thinking you wouldn’t even begin to think about this kind of house unless you were both in your 40s and earning 50k+
That's the national average salary not disposable income isn't it?

That's the national average salary not disposable income isn't it?

Yes think I misread it.

What profession?
Professional ones. Like ones where you have to be a menber of a professional institute.
Most of those pay over 35k I should think.
The guide I always use is that you want to be earning 1k for each year of your age to have had a successful career.

Last edited:
Yes think I misread it.

Professional ones. Like ones where you have to be a menber of a professional institute.
Most of those pay over 35k I should think.
The guide I always use is that you want to be earning 1k for each year of your age to have had a successful career.

Yes a friend of mine said the same thing recently.

Fuck that. I told him he was talking utter shite like. :lol:

Yes a friend of mine said the same thing recently.

Fuck that. I told him he was talking utter shite like. :lol:
That’s good of him, seeing as I made it up myself. Great minds think alike.

What’s wrong with it then? Obviously it only applies if you have chosen a career with opportunity for progress, but it’s a pretty good yardstick. It’s not going to work if you fucked about at school and ended up on the bins or the lines at Nissan.
(Although I’m well aware Nissan pay good money, what’s the opportunity for most people to rise through the ranks from wheel putter onner to earning 70k by retirement age?)

What’s wrong with it then? Obviously it only applies if you have chosen a career with opportunity for progress, but it’s a pretty good yardstick. It’s not going to work if you fucked about at school and ended up on the bins or the lines at Nissan.
(Although I’m well aware Nissan pay good money, what’s the opportunity for most people to rise through the ranks from wheel putter onner to earning 70k by retirement age?)
I dare say earning 60k a year by the time you are 60 is out of the reach for the vast vast majority of us like.

has anyone posted this?

Check out this property for sale on Rightmove!

or in fact just any in that area... Rightmove.co.uk

lovely one up hepscott back on the market after a remodelling

Check out this property for sale on Rightmove!

WTF is that a picture of, first one number 26? Not sure what is going on with the car in the curved glass display next to the swimming pool. Looks cold and barren throughout.

The Morpeth one is more like a home, some odd features and a surprisingly small garden for the size of the house. If I had that sort of money, I'd be shopping about a bit.

I dunno, I reckon if you're university educated and have been working solidly since you graduated and had made decent career choices you'd be a bit miffed to only be on 35k when you're 35.

I dare say earning 60k a year by the time you are 60 is out of the reach for the vast vast majority of us like.

Aye but he's on about someone with a career rather than just a job.

Back