Right - outside - now

It's heartening to remember the good folk of Sunderland voted for helping the NHS back in December. We can hold our heads high when clapping on a Thursday evening. Such a shame the rest of this selfish country are displaying such rank hypocrisy at the same time.
Imagine all those people of Bishop or Redcar out clapping :oops:
Perhaps only because the brexiter party didn't stand down.

You dont that's my point, you can celebrate christmas and not be religious, you can be tory and still admire and show gratitude to the nhs, you can vote labour and still not like Jeremy Corbyn.
My point is you're not celebrating Christmas by doing the things you say. Celebrating Christmas is doing the religious stuff and believing it.

Likewise, the tories don't really admire the NHS, and the overblown damascene praise they've come out with over Johnson is just nauseating.

My point is you're not celebrating Christmas by doing the things you say. Celebrating Christmas is doing the religious stuff and believing it.

Likewise, the tories don't really admire the NHS, and the overblown damascene praise they've come out with over Johnson is just nauseating.
The word does stem from 'Christ Mass' originally 'Cristes Maesse'. People are not really celebrating Christmas if they are non religious.

And agreeing with what you say about the Tories and their praise and them not really admiring the NHS, it is nauseating to see them giving the NHS staff and the care workers praise and speaking of how valuable they are, when they did not really care much at all.
If they truly cared about them, they would not have denied Nurses a pay rise and valued care workers more, by ensuring better pay than the minimum wage and ditching zero hour contracts in the care sector. Care work is one of the only few jobs, where responsibilities and duties, far outweigh the low pay grade.

That's fair enough mate and sorry if I came across arsey I didn't mean to.
Tbh I'm angry with China ( admitted 50% more deaths now?? ).
And I agree we did things too late. That will be reflected in our death rate which I think will be the highest in Europe. Hopefully this horrible virus will make mankind a little kinder. We can all hope aye.

No worries mate.

There's certainly no doubt that all health services around the world are heroes for putting themselves face to face with this in order to protect others including many without the necessary protection.

My Mrs has been making masks for different organisations here in Spain on her sewing machine to go to frontline workers, some give you the material to make them and collect them, others only collect them meaning the person making them pays for materials, which at the moment is hard to get and where it is available on places like Amazon, the prices have soared.

Anyway, she got a phone call today saying they're coming to collect them tomorrow and asked if she'd be willing to continue making them as many people they've asked have said they won't be doing it again.

That is something I completely understand. The idea of people making masks was to buy the Spanish government time to sort out more masks from elsewhere.

If a month later they are still desperate for people to make masks for them for nowt and in some cases have to buy the material themselves, it shows the laughing stock the Spanish government are.

It's no surprise that all of the mask makers who got the materials provided for free are TV celebrities who probably haven't got a clue how to make them but signed up to boost their social media following.

Embarrassing!

Has the UK got a similar initiative running?

In what way would you need to be religious at all to do those things?
The ones who only voted for them to "get it done", forgetting it means another 5 years of them. The ones who knew and freely admitted that they didn't care that Johnson lies all the time, but it doesn't matter as long as we "get it done". They should be too ashamed to ever show their faces again.
Ok

They should have replaced more of them.
They maybe should,as I see it though vast council estate areas in Sunderland stood empty for years because a minority of backward bastards made them an area decent folk couldn’t live in.

Top end of Pennywell
Ford estate
Southwick
Hendon

All areas that’s lost thousands of houses due to being shit holes.Nothing wrong with the houses they where brilliant kips,it was the shit that lived in them.

No worries mate.

There's certainly no doubt that all health services around the world are heroes for putting themselves face to face with this in order to protect others including many without the necessary protection.

My Mrs has been making masks for different organisations here in Spain on her sewing machine to go to frontline workers, some give you the material to make them and collect them, others only collect them meaning the person making them pays for materials, which at the moment is hard to get and where it is available on places like Amazon, the prices have soared.

Anyway, she got a phone call today saying they're coming to collect them tomorrow and asked if she'd be willing to continue making them as many people they've asked have said they won't be doing it again.

That is something I completely understand. The idea of people making masks was to buy the Spanish government time to sort out more masks from elsewhere.

If a month later they are still desperate for people to make masks for them for nowt and in some cases have to buy the material themselves, it shows the laughing stock the Spanish government are.

It's no surprise that all of the mask makers who got the materials provided for free are TV celebrities who probably haven't got a clue how to make them but signed up to boost their social media following.

Embarrassing!

Has the UK got a similar initiative running?
Absolutely brilliant work being done by your missus pal.
I know on local news there have been reports of people making hospital gowns masks etc. Also some of the fashion houses are making stuff too. It's just about the logistics bit which appears to be slow.
Stay safe mate.

Back