right i think i'm done with starting strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewberry pie

Striker
this has been a great routine.

iv'e done 2 months iirc, and on tuesday i'm gonna have a go at 1rm max for squat bench and deadlift, iv'e hurt me shoulder so stopped that and done some stomach work, its been an excellent routine, and my squat has gone from a max of 100kg for 1 set of 5, (after a few months of training) to ss and from about 80kg for 3 sets of 5 to 130kg for 3 sets of 5. and i have actually lost a bit of weight so possibly could go for more if i ate a bit more.

my bench stalled about 2 weeks into the routine at 80kg.

the problem i have with ss is i'm absolutely knackered after the squat.

Should try PHAT. Basically the first 2 days are strength based, then you have a rest day and the next 3 days focus on hypertrophy. Great routine tbh.

will I continue to progress strength wise then, I've really enjoyed the progress I've made with ss I can't recommend it enough for anyone who's just getting back or starting out, I reckon it will benefit anyone even if they want to build peaks on their bicepticons like arnie.

will I continue to progress strength wise then, I've really enjoyed the progress I've made with ss I can't recommend it enough for anyone who's just getting back or starting out, I reckon it will benefit anyone even if they want to build peaks on their bicepticons like arnie.

Yes, will make good strength gains aswell as more significant size gains than on ss.

I'll give that a try, how long will it take for 1 session there seems a lot of reps.

Probably best to superset different body parts if you don't have time to just go round doing one exercise at a time.

how intense should my auxiliary lifts be on strength day, iv'e done the first 2 days, and it seems fine, what should i do if i miss a day through the week, miss it out and start again on monday or just carry on with an extra days rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back