Riga, Vilnius, Tallinn

I liked Riga personally.

Tallinn is great for walking around the old town.

I'd recommend against the zoo though, pretty poor in terms of animal welfare.

Tallin is good. I go there regularly with work.

Old town is the place to go. Best Bars:
Valli Bar - Have a few of the famous Millimalika shots. They are lethal. Great bar full of pissed locals on the regular stools like Cliff and Norm from Cheers. I've seen the same old bloke kicked out 3 times and every time I go back, hes back sitting on his same stool.
Mad Murphys - Good juke box
Bar With No Name - Pool table but slopes to one side.
Old Hansa Bar - Olde Tallin style with buxom serving wenches in medieval garb
Dubliner - Cheap food, Newcastle Brown Ale on tap
Helsinki Bar - Full of locals singing karaoke. Good for a laugh.
There is a lovely Italian restaurant set in a basement in the old town called Pucinella. Tremedous food.
The birds are stunning there too.

Done all three a few years ago and I’d say for Tallinn just mooch and enjoy the drinking scene.

Riga was different again but I enjoyed the contrasts in architecture between the old and new city (which whilst on a downward spiral
is still nice in parts - think Paris with the art nouveau vibe). Jurmala on the coast is worth a visit (but very Russian and I mean fat old blokes wearing bum bags with dolly birds)

Vilnius was my favourite. Large old town that’s mainly as it was. As said terror museum is worth a visit and some sorted bars that sell cheap and decent ale.

Thought Riga was good, Vilnius was underwhelming but I was ill as fuck while there. Personally feel Tallinn is the best of the three by far. Great place and really beautiful old town.

Back