Riga, Vilnius, Tallinn

L

Lexingtongue

Any suggestions for things to eat/see/do in these places? Any suggestions appreciated.

Tallin great
Vilnius great
Riga complete and utter shit tip

The centre of Riga was okay, but walk for more than 10 minutes and you're basically in the middle of a slum.

Leningrad Bar and Kiwi Bar were okay on the night and there was a folk music bar plus a latino bar.

There was a bizarre place with a VW camper van inside a building acting as a bar.

One day walking tour of the city, then get out along the coast by rail for a walk along the beach.

The KGB museum was a disappointment as was the so-called holocaust museum.

What I've read of Tallin, it would have been the better option.

Okay. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The centre of Riga was okay, but walk for more than 10 minutes and you're basically in the middle of a slum.

Leningrad Bar and Kiwi Bar were okay on the night and there was a folk music bar plus a latino bar.

There was a bizarre place with a VW camper van inside a building acting as a bar.

One day walking tour of the city, then get out along the coast by rail for a walk along the beach.

The KGB museum was a disappointment as was the so-called holocaust museum.

What I've read of Tallin, it would have been the better option.

Okay. :)
I quite liked the KGB and Holocaust museums in Riga! But Riga itself was a bit dull if I’m being honest.

Only been to Vilnius out of those a couple of years ago and from what I can remember I can recommend Fiorentino and Lokys for food , both were decent and canny reasonably priced.

There was a pizza place inside a supermarket but I cannot remember what it was called , got a beer and a really good fresh pizza that was as big as our table for less than a fiver.

Trakai castle was good as is a walk round the old town

Back