Ricky Ponting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has still got it. Not sure if I'm allowed to post videos from youtube, but I urge you to Google the catch he's just taken for Mumbai Indians in the IPL. He loses his footing but still manages a dive and plucks out a right hand. Class act.

Mate most of us on here refuse to watch the IPL on principle.

This.

Ponting is still a class act though, in a way I'm slightly disappointed he's retired from proper cricket, Ponting baiting has become something of an Ashes tradition made all the more fun because of his ability to throw it back at us with his on the pitch performances, Old Trafford 2005 springs to mind, yet still worth the effort for the moments he's walking back to the pavilion for a duck, Edgbaston 2005 springs to mind here. Baiting the likes of Mitchell Johnson and co. is like shooting fish in a barrel in comparison.

Watched him in the 20/20 league here when Melbourne played Hobart. He was still a class above everyone else on the ground, I even stood to applaude him off the ground, this was about a month after he retired from test cricket.

My mate Matt was a pro cricketer for south Australia in the early to mid 90's, said he watched Ponting in the nets, everyone else was padded up from head to toe, Ricky steps in with just his pads on, and proceeded to hook and pull the balls all over the place despite them being pinged down at him at a fair old rate.

Great cricketer, but a bit of a dick.

This.

Ponting is still a class act though, in a way I'm slightly disappointed he's retired from proper cricket, Ponting baiting has become something of an Ashes tradition made all the more fun because of his ability to throw it back at us with his on the pitch performances, Old Trafford 2005 springs to mind, yet still worth the effort for the moments he's walking back to the pavilion for a duck, Edgbaston 2005 springs to mind here. Baiting the likes of Mitchell Johnson and co. is like shooting fish in a barrel in comparison.

Totally agree mate.

You not think there is a slight chance he may come back?

I agree it won't feel the same beating the likes of Cowan and that.

It's canny given that the season is just starting here but it does suffer from the 'SKY SUPER SUNDAY' syndrome in trying to make all games out as the best ever which is a bit wearing.

I'm not a fan, but its free cricket on ITV, better than nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back