1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ricky Gervais - Stand Up

Discussion in 'SMB' started by houst69, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Latka Gravas

Latka Gravas Winger

I’m the opposite, love the office and extras but think his stand-up is shite.
    Lambchops likes this.
  2. Geronimo

Geronimo Striker

The Office was good.

That's it.

He's very poor IMO
    PhilSAFC, Anth9ftm and Lambchops like this.
  3. durham.mackem

durham.mackem Midfield

His new one on Netflix is blidy brilliant.
  4. spoon

spoon Midfield

he's dull as fuck
  5. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

Saw it live and enjoyed it.
  6. TicoTorres

TicoTorres Goalkeeper

Humanity is turd.

Spends about 15 mins doing an anecdote about dead babies the weirdo.
  7. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

Someone walked out all offended and stuff on the tour.
  8. HABA87

HABA87 Midfield

Hilarious stand up IMO.
    There was a thread on here in the last year or so that divided opinion, but it appeared that those who didn't like his show were somewhat whooshed by his material.
    silas80 and AndrewP like this.
  9. He’s shite. One of the worst comedians about. Saw one where he takes the piss out of cancer sufferers ffs. Hilarious stuff :neutral:
  10. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

I saw a tranny getting all upset during the Jenner section. A nazi started to cry during the Hitler bit.
  11. Lonz

Lonz Striker

Enjoyed Humanity today. Not the best by all means but still entertaining. Plays the character quite well.
  12. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

Tweet him with angry tweets.
  13. No I’m not a simpleton.
  14. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

Good. He's just a silly little fat man with jokes.
  15. HABA87

HABA87 Midfield

At no point did this happen. The fact that he whooshed so many makes the routine even funnier. Even funnier still, the comedy isn't even hidden as being complex in any way. It's a simple routine, I don't know why anyone would think he was taking the mick out of cancer sufferers.

Well done RG.
    moshpit, silas80 and Some Random Guy like this.
  16. andysafc85

andysafc85 Winger

I bet you like Miranda, Phil.
  17. nelford_safc

nelford_safc Striker

Went to see Humanity through Newcastle and although it was good he stretches a really unfunny Bruce Jenner joke out for about 15 minutes. That was pretty annoying.
  18. scott934

scott934 Striker

Just watched it on Netflix, thought that joke was class. Loved it, he's one of a very few good British comedians.
  19. TicoTorres

TicoTorres Goalkeeper

I wasn’t offended - just some things you can’t make funny...no matter how hard he persists with a subject like that, it’s not funny. Being “edgy” isn’t funny all the time.

The only reason he’s still relevant now is because of Steve and Karl and the XFM/podcasts. Beyond The Office everything he has done has been toilet.
  20. AndrewP

AndrewP Striker

You're entitled to your nonsense opinion. ;)
    silas80 likes this.