Ricky Gervais Afterlife

Discussion in 'SMB' started by jacko100, Feb 26, 2019.

1. cluffy

cluffy Striker

It’s watchable but more like that terrible film than The Office. The dog seems to be the best actor in it!
    Just compare the drug guy here with Super Hans in peep show for example.
    Also - can’t he shop somewhere other than Next? :lol: He’s literally stuck in a bootcut 2002

I Stand Alone likes this.
  2. LondonMackem

LondonMackem Winger

For The Office alone, the bloke should be knighted.

3. The Rat

The Rat Striker

It’s ok so far, no more but I’m early on

I don’t like the bloke anymore and a lot of this is rehashed, lot of 2 dimensional charachters

Maybe it’s because I compare it the office which is just genius, it’s slapstick at times but no show got across the mundane nature of life so well. Tim especially so relatable, unhappy, feels he’s above it but doesn’t do aanything about it

Will stick with this

MackneyHackem likes this.
  4. Themig

Themig Winger

Binge watching Derek. How did I miss this? Funny, touching and brilliantly acted

5. nelford_safc

nelford_safc Striker

It's good but I think people are going way OTT with it. Derek, Extras and The Office were miles better.

6. Left For Dead

Left For Dead Winger

yeah it's the all time killer track Into your arms by cave. This show is brutal but great....Steve Coogan must watch this and think fuck it's miles better than my show....one is relevant and one is outdated..

It's about awareness, that is the undercurrent of the show, and the main character's increasing awareness of the world around him and his effect on it. Perhaps too subtle for you.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  7. Joe Public

Joe Public Striker

I like gervais, more than half way in to this and don’t think it’s any more than ok.

8. I Stand Alone

I Stand Alone Midfield

It's as subtle as a sledgehammer. Everything about it is obvious and ridiculously predictable.

cluffy and Joe Public like this.
  9. Left For Dead

Left For Dead Winger

he's just ..oh doesn't matter.

10. wash

wash Midfield

F*cking hate gervais with a passion. Smug unfunny twat of the highest order

cluffy likes this.
  11. BigPete

BigPete Striker

Class show even enjoyed the US one started off a bit shit as tried to copy the UK one but then grew into its own show/style if you know what I mean.

Micheal Scott was brilliant same with Dwight :lol:

HeaderDownBrown likes this.
  12. I Stand Alone

I Stand Alone Midfield

There's nowt subtle about overusing the word "c-u-n-t" to the point where you know when it's coming every single time. There's nowt subtle about picking on fat ginger kids or big fat blokes. There's nowt subtle about the druggie being a homeless person who carries his drugs about in a brown paper bag. There's nowt subtle about any of the music he used. I don't think it was utter shit, it's just not very good.

The Great MES and cluffy like this.
  13. Left For Dead

Left For Dead Winger

Quite a sensitive chap? You seem as angry as gervais

14. cluffy

cluffy Striker

He thinks he's so fucking clever :lol:
    and he's not.
    "Ooh I like Cat Stevens and Nick Cave" fuck off you tedious prick

15. Some Random Guy

Some Random Guy Striker

I started watching that too. Never got around to it at first.

I got through the first series. Only laughed out loud a few times, surprisingly at Karl Pilkington mainly.

16. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Midfield

All nicked from his Xfm radio shows and podcasts. Lazy as fuck.

The Rat likes this.
  17. buckowski

buckowski Subs Bench

Watched it all now, the first 5 episodes were class, the final episode reminded me of gervais films, dumbed down sentimentality for US audiences. Shame. Still a toppa series. Hope there’s another...
    Rewatching Extras on Netflix, what a fantastic series that is.

18. ouro

ouro Striker

He is in Game of Thrones.

19. I Stand Alone

I Stand Alone Midfield

I just don't understand the reverence for him. The Office aside, he's very poor.

You seem as glib as him.

cluffy likes this.