Ricky Alvarez

They are going to sue the doctor now!!??

That's a tad late, init?

Somehow, we'll end up forking out more cash on this.

Suit will be deemed without merit and we'll be forced to pay the doctor's legal fees and a coutersum for reputational damage... you just know it.
Emotional damage too

This is why doctors have indemnity insurance. In Britain it's not cricket to challenge the word of a doctor. In other parts of the world this would be standard practice.

I don't see the problem. He failed to do his job and cost Sunderland 14 million quid :confused:
exactly, contractually you are obliged to act in the best interests of the club, by not disclosing issues with Alvarez's knee, he breached his contract.

It's also interesting to note, that he is currently employed by the FA

Last edited:
I don't see the problem. He failed to do his job and cost Sunderland 14 million quid :confused:
Whilst I think it might be the time to just walk away from it, i think the first page of posts on here are way over the top & whinging like a bunch of fannies. Got to put some kind of trust that whilst these owners have shown a proven track record of showing no appetite for risk, they think this is something they should be following up on.

The truth is, the story might be a load of shite too.
These owners are nothing short of embarrassing.

The sooner they are gone the better. The only surprise here is that it wasn’t announced on a podcast.
Have you read anything about this takeover? They’ll still be running the club, based on the work they have done so far.

Last edited:
Now they would go down as absolute legends if they are successful with this!

Can you imagine getting a £14 million boost to our coffars! Gan on Stu lad.

More likely we will end up paying him compensation for damaging his reputation!

Don’t see a problem with this, any big organisation would sue if they thought that they had not received the correct advice from a person on their payroll that resulted in them paying out nearly £14 million

Back