Ricky Alvarez Saga Continues

Donald said and was in the newspapers. It was on the day we played Newcastle in the Checkatrade.
ai do rembebemeber hims aying there was a negotiation with ellis about it...didnt know if it went anywhere..he will ahve been legally obliged t pay it i reckon..a contongent liability clause or some such..

Just had to pay Velez some money for him.

What a mess that entire deal was.

Edit:

Saga* autocorrect doesn't like me.
Just thought I'd share here that sega is Italian for saw, but also a colloquial term for wank (something to do with a sawing action perhaps?). Anyway, seemed kind of appropriate in this context.
Congerton masterstroke
And this context :lol:

Last edited:
I felt a bit sorry for the lad tbh, we never really gave him a chance and then the club went on to show just how amateurish it was being run at the time by trying to back out of the deal.

Congerton masterstroke

We could have just bought the lad and sold him on rather than all of this. Embarrassing

The problem wasn’t the deal but that the club tried to get out of its end of the bargain.

If I remember rightly all foreign loans come with an obligation to buy and we agreed to that. Instead of just paying the £9 million fee for him, we tried to say he was injured or some shit to get out of it. That’s where the problem is.

The problem wasn’t the deal but that the club tried to get out of its end of the bargain.

If I remember rightly all foreign loans come with an obligation to buy and we agreed to that. Instead of just paying the £9 million fee for him, we tried to say he was injured or some shit to get out of it. That’s where the problem is.
I think this issue was that he had an injury and Inter wouldn’t sanction (or pay for?) an operation. We said that that broke the contract. As always it’s easy to be wise after the event

Seems a bit off that having paid Inter a fee we then have to pay the sell-on clause which was an agreement between Inter and Velez

Last edited:

Back