Richmond Sausages vs Co-Op own.

Really? Well, I will still do it to let the fat pour out and allow for more even grilling.

You lose the flavour. It's not recommended.
It was something started decades ago for cheap sausages, full of rubbish. Hence the name bangers. To stop them popping because they were so full of crap.
Good sausages do not require their skins to be pierced.

You lose the flavour. It's not recommended.
It was something started decades ago for cheap sausages, full of rubbish. Hence the name bangers. To stop them popping because they were so full of crap.
Good sausages do not require their skins to be pierced.
I find that the more expensive sausages have massively thick condoms around them - can't wait forever for the heat to get through them. Each to our own.

Heck are the boys like.....been in their factory and watched production and they only use proper meat....no lips and arseholes.

I tried some of them "Heck Thick Pork" I think they were, after they were on "Inside The Factory". I was very disappointed. There was obviously a lot of proper meat in there, but minimal flavour and they were very dry due to low fat content.

A good sausage needs to have spice/herbs in and a reasonable fat content. This is why Wall's are so popular: even though there's only a low real meat content, they have plenty of flavour and moistness due to the herbs and fat content.

I tried some of them "Heck Thick Pork" I think they were, after they were on "Inside The Factory". I was very disappointed. There was obviously a lot of proper meat in there, but minimal flavour and they were very dry due to low fat content.

A good sausage needs to have spice/herbs in and a reasonable fat content. This is why Wall's are so popular: even though there's only a low real meat content, they have plenty of flavour and moistness due to the herbs and fat content.
This lad knars his sausages.

Plus you can eat the cheap shite after they've gone cold. Other sausages tends to go to dry and unpleasant.

I make me own, 1kg pork (about 2/3 shoulder, 1/3 belly), breadcrumbs, some herbs and spices and a touch of water and bobs yer uncle, about 2 dozen good size sausages out of it. Bought a cheap mincer and sausage stuffer, and get my collagen skins off ebay.

You had me until collagen skins off eBay.

Last edited:

Back