Richard Okorogheye - Missing

No the wonder the police aren’t bothering their arse if this is how people feel.

It's your thread that is virtue signalling and, important as what some people say on here might be, I rather doubt that the Met monitors these boards.

Like probably everyone on here I would like to see all people who go missing found, helped and - as possibly in this case - treated for physical and mental issues they may have.

I don't, however, feel the need to make what are to my mind at best dubious claims of racism to try to show myself in a better light than other people.

"Black people don't get as much coverage."

BBC news is basically a running update on every black premiership footballer and Meghan Markle's last fart. :lol:

A Chinese lass got stabbed recently and that got quickly shunted into obscurity. Race probably is a factor, but the fact she was young and pretty helped as well.

The statement "People don't care about a young black lad as much as an attractive young white woman" is probably true for various reasons, sadly.

Think of all the times some lass dies and it's a stream of pictures of them at their most fuckable. Ghoulish. Weird.

Last edited:
Yeah I’m quite aware of my privilege as a wealthy white male, doors are open to me that are closed to many others.

Race and class mate, if a white British girl with wealthy parents go missing its non stop news coverage and 60 page threads on here

That was a different type of story, he was murdered and wasn’t missing

See above
If a black British girl, with wealthy parents went missing that would get more coverage than a poor white girl.

It's your thread that is virtue signalling and, important as what some people say on here might be, I rather doubt that the Met monitors these boards.

Like probably everyone on here I would like to see all people who go missing found, helped and - as possibly in this case - treated for physical and mental issues they may have.

I don't, however, feel the need to make what are to my mind at best dubious claims of racism to try to show myself in a better light than other people.
Shining a spotlight on injustice

Loads of people go missing every day, some are never heard of again. Sarah Everard probably only made the news because she was pretty, well off and went missing in an affluent area. If she'd been black she would have got the same coverage.
..... Especially as a Police Officer was suspected made a bit of a difference
19 year old boy missing since 22nd March in London.

Hasn’t had the same level of coverage in the media as the recent Sarah Everard case did, and you wonder if the police are throwing the same man power behind it.

I fear that because he’s a young black lad and not a white woman, a bit of unconscious bias may creep in to some of the media reporting, deciding whether to treat it as seriously as a news story, (no one has so far started a thread on it either) and also police decision making. I hope I’m wrong.

Most of all I hope the lad is found and is safe and well, he has some serious medical conditions so fear for the lad.
The police officer involvement

Last edited:
An area of forest not far from me has been cordoned off and couple car parks closed for last 3 or 4 hours.

No details other than that but not looking great ☹️
I had a feeling this wouldn't end well when his phone was last used on the day of his disappearance 🙄

Latest locally.. no name but be surprised if not him

BREAKING: Detectives investigating the disappearance of teenager Richard Okorogheye have confirmed that the body of a man has been found in a pond in Epping Forest.

Back