Richard Okorogheye - Missing

But you seem to know
Yeah I’m quite aware of my privilege as a wealthy white male, doors are open to me that are closed to many others.
Loads of kids and adults go missing that don't get big media attention. It's not to do with race.
Race and class mate, if a white British girl with wealthy parents go missing its non stop news coverage and 60 page threads on here
Damilola didn’t go missing he was outright murdered in a dark alley, but sadly I bet lots of little boys and girls are murdered every year. Perhaps I’m wrong, I am speculating here. But I can’t imagine he’s the only one. But that story really cut through to the British public. It can’t be for racial or class reasons on that one?
That was a different type of story, he was murdered and wasn’t missing
The 2 lasses murdered in nw london in the park last summer didn't attract much of a campaign /demonstration.
See above

Last edited:
Yeah I’m quite aware of my privilege as a wealthy white male, doors are open to me that are closed to many others.

Race and class mate, if a white British girl with wealthy parents go missing its non stop news coverage and 60 page threads on here

See above
Change the fkn record man..ffs.

The Metropolitan Police have asked people to keep a look out for Richard Okorogheye.

He was last seen on CCTV walking alone on Smarts Lane towards Epping Forest at 12.39am on 23rd March.

His mother has previously revealed he has sickle cell disease and did not take his medication.

Evidence Joel said he had spoken of "struggling to cope" with university pressures and had been shielding during the Covid-19 lockdown.

As someone with sickle cell disease, Mr Okorogheye would only leave the house to go to hospital for regular blood transfusions for his condition.

See above

I don’t really get the distinction between someone going missing and it subsequently turning out they were murdered, and someone being murdered.

If anything I’d think the former would naturally attract more publicity, but you seem to be saying the opposite if you’re suggesting that the only reason Damilola Taylor attracted the publicity that it did was because he was murdered and discovered as such straight away.

I don't see that his disappearance wasn't reported. It was on the national news after he went missing over a week ago.

I see no evidence either that the police aren't taking it seriously. He went missing on the 22nd and police released CCTV images a day later.

I don't see that his disappearance wasn't reported. It was on the national news after he went missing over a week ago.

I see no evidence either that the police aren't taking it seriously. He went missing on the 22nd and police released CCTV images a day later.
Let's not allow the facts get in the way of a piss-poor attempt at point-scoring!!!

I could be wrong but I don’t think *every* missing/murdered pretty white woman attracts as much attention as this poor Sarah lass did.

Some missing people just cut through to public consciousness a lot more. For example Damilola Taylor, a poor black kid from Peckham is remembered a lot more than the schoolgirl who was murdered in Penshaw at around the same time. I had to google her name - Laura Kane. Yet everyone remembers Damilola, Holly and Jessica and the Man Utd shirts from Soham I presume?

I don’t know if it’s a racial thing. It might be part of it. But some stories just manage to cut through, and once the public feels like it knows a person, the public wants to know all the facts.
Same applies to Madeleine McCann. There are a thousand theories that there would have been less interest if her parents had been unemployed, but the story resonated with a lot of people of all classes. Especially those who were left alone by their parents abroad back in 70's and 80's like a lot on here i bet.

19 year old boy missing since 22nd March in London.

Hasn’t had the same level of coverage in the media as the recent Sarah Everard case did, and you wonder if the police are throwing the same man power behind it.

I fear that because he’s a young black lad and not a white woman, a bit of unconscious bias may creep in to some of the media reporting, deciding whether to treat it as seriously as a news story, (no one has so far started a thread on it either) and also police decision making. I hope I’m wrong.

Most of all I hope the lad is found and is safe and well, he has some serious medical conditions so fear for the lad.
Probably your worst effort yet at trolling . It’s so piss poor that even your usual pile on gang have give this one a miss .

The Metropolitan Police have asked people to keep a look out for Richard Okorogheye.

He was last seen on CCTV walking alone on Smarts Lane towards Epping Forest at 12.39am on 23rd March.

His mother has previously revealed he has sickle cell disease and did not take his medication.

Evidence Joel said he had spoken of "struggling to cope" with university pressures and had been shielding during the Covid-19 lockdown.

As someone with sickle cell disease, Mr Okorogheye would only leave the house to go to hospital for regular blood transfusions for his condition.
Police searching the forest?

Probably your worst effort yet at trolling . It’s so piss poor that even your usual pile on gang have give this one a miss .
It’s really not trolling at all. Posts like yours just go to show the struggle we face for an equal society.
This thread just looks like tiresome virtue signalling to me. There's no shortage of it at present.
No the wonder the police aren’t bothering their arse if this is how people feel.

Last edited:
It’s really not trolling at all. Posts like yours just go to show the struggle we face for an equal society.

No the wonder the police aren’t bothering their arse if this is how people feel.
Have you watched the news today ? The lad is all over the media totally debunking your theory. You are the problem , constantly looking for ways to divide us .

Have you watched the news today ? The lad is all over the media totally debunking your theory. You are the problem , constantly looking for ways to divide us .
Well I’m pleased to hear that the message has finally gotten out. No I haven’t seen any news coverage, I’m quite busy today but thank you for the update.

Back