Richard Okorogheye - Missing

19 year old boy missing since 22nd March in London.

Hasn’t had the same level of coverage in the media as the recent Sarah Everard case did, and you wonder if the police are throwing the same man power behind it.

I fear that because he’s a young black lad and not a white woman, a bit of unconscious bias may creep in to some of the media reporting, deciding whether to treat it as seriously as a news story, (no one has so far started a thread on it either) and also police decision making. I hope I’m wrong.

Most of all I hope the lad is found and is safe and well, he has some serious medical conditions so fear for the lad.
Patrice O’neal has this one covered.

Maybe the same level of coverage that the other missing person got. You can’t seriously be denying that there’s been less coverage about this. If it even gets a fleeting mention on the news later I’ll be surprised.

The missing white, middle class woman was top story.
And yet there was no back off in coverage when a white boy police man was found out to be her killer. Wonder what the press angle would have been if he'd been an unemployed black.
It's easy this fingerpointing ping-pong malarkey.

I think such speculation is damaging. You’re being biased, what’s to say there hasn’t been foul play?
You could say that about every missing person, we haven’t got the resources to treat every missing person case the same.
It’s got nowt to do with race.
Sarah Everard went missing whilst walking home at night and was totally out of character.
This lad had issues and looks more likely to have ran away from it all. Hope to god he hasn’t took it any further than that

Last edited:
And yet there was no back off in coverage when a white boy police man was found out to be her killer. Wonder what the press angle would have been if he'd been an unemployed black.
It's easy this fingerpointing ping-pong malarkey.
If it had been a Muslim Tommy Robinson would have turned up at the trial
You could say that about every missing person, we haven’t got the resources to treat every missing person case the same.
It’s got nowt to do with race.
Sarah Everard went missing whilst walking home at night and was totally out of character.
This lad had issues and looks more likely to have ran away from it all. Hope to god he hasn’t took it any further than that
The thing about unconscious bias is you don’t know when it’s taking effect.
There's CCTV footage of Richard in a train station in Essex the morning after he left home, just been shown on sky.
Hope he’s ok

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I don’t think *every* missing/murdered pretty white woman attracts as much attention as this poor Sarah lass did.

Some missing people just cut through to public consciousness a lot more. For example Damilola Taylor, a poor black kid from Peckham is remembered a lot more than the schoolgirl who was murdered in Penshaw at around the same time. I had to google her name - Laura Kane. Yet everyone remembers Damilola, Holly and Jessica and the Man Utd shirts from Soham I presume?

I don’t know if it’s a racial thing. It might be part of it. But some stories just manage to cut through, and once the public feels like it knows a person, the public wants to know all the facts.

OP is an idiot
Really mate keep the personal insults and bullying down to a minimum.

It’s not on, I could say all sorts of things about you if I wanted to.
I could be wrong but I don’t think *every* missing/murdered pretty white woman attracts as much attention as this poor Sarah lass did.

Some missing people just cut through to public consciousness a lot more. For example Damilola Taylor, a poor black kid from Peckham is remembered a lot more than the schoolgirl who was murdered in Penshaw at around the same time. I had to google her name - Laura Kane. Yet everyone remembers Damilola, Holly and Jessica and the Man Utd shirts from Soham I presume?

I don’t know if it’s a racial thing. It might be part of it. But some stories just manage to cut through, and once the public feels like it knows a person, the public wants to know all the facts.
Nah you’re right, they need to be middle class as well to really ‘cut through’.

Damilola never went missing iirc.

Last edited:
If it had been a Muslim Tommy Robinson would have turned up at the trial

The thing about unconscious bias is you don’t know when it’s taking effect.

Hope he’s ok
That goes both ways. Looking at two vastly different sets of circumstances and drawing a single conclusion that supports your own personal worldview suggests a deep routed bias.

Really mate keep the personal insults and bullying down to a minimum.

It’s not on, I could say all sorts of things about you if I wanted to.

Nah you’re right, they need to be middle class as well to really ‘cut through’.

Damilola never went missing iirc.

Damilola didn’t go missing he was outright murdered in a dark alley, but sadly I bet lots of little boys and girls are murdered every year. Perhaps I’m wrong, I am speculating here. But I can’t imagine he’s the only one. But that story really cut through to the British public. It can’t be for racial or class reasons on that one?

Back