Ribs

Started using a belt for deadlifts and squats. Things have been progressing nicely. But the last two days the bottom left hand side of my ribs have been absolutely killing me when I take a deep breath in and when I lay on that side. I’ve sacked lifting off for a bit. Anyone else have a problem with a belt causing rib pain? I think maybe I was wearing it too high and bruised them. It’s a 4 inch belt, I’ve not had it too tight, just tight enough to brace against it.

Started using a belt for deadlifts and squats. Things have been progressing nicely. But the last two days the bottom left hand side of my ribs have been absolutely killing me when I take a deep breath in and when I lay on that side. I’ve sacked lifting off for a bit. Anyone else have a problem with a belt causing rib pain? I think maybe I was wearing it too high and bruised them. It’s a 4 inch belt, I’ve not had it too tight, just tight enough to brace against it.

I wear mine extremely high (like just below the chest high) and get rib pain. My rib cage is permanently bruised where the bottom of the belt sits.

The pain isn’t too bad when I’m lifting. Just like the muscle soreness dissipates after a few sets if I have any.

So yeah, I still train even if I feel a bit beaten up. It’s when I’m sat at work and sigh at something it jabs a bit :lol:
Fair enough, I’m going to attempt to get back under a bar tomorrow. Hoping it’s like my back and actually feels better after a few reps even though it’s hurt me all day.

Back