Reykjavik

Mackem00

Striker
Have just booked a trip here in December for our lasses 40th. What's the crack nowadays with beer prices and the like? Planning on a northern lights tour but anything else a must do? We'll be happy just going out on the piss tbf but open to suggestions.

Cheers.

Have just booked a trip here in December for our lasses 40th. What's the crack nowadays with beer prices and the like? Planning on a northern lights tour but anything else a must do? We'll be happy just going out on the piss tbf but open to suggestions.

Cheers.
Northern lights hunting
Game of thrones tour (the guide was an extra in the series and is full of interesting facts n stories as you go around the sets and locations)
Whale watching (depending on the time of year)

Them usual stuff I guess.

Blue lagoon (just do it to or from the air port).

Golden circle.

Northern lights tour.

Vic was good for a few hours to see black volcanic beaches etc.

We got a car and drove about as the roads are so open and easy but day trips are all easy to book.

Beer was fairly pricey but not as much as sine make out. If you want a proper lash up remember most locals don't play out til close to midnight and finish up about 6am :lol: (I presume this mainly applies to weekends mind).

December is an interesting choice.

Eat fermented shark.

We did this just for the crack. Absolutely lifting (surprise). Puffin was delicious and the seafood soups are superb.

Last edited:
Expensive but good.

Laxnes Viking horse ride was class but it felt like I'd been filled in the next day!! golden circle tour and Northern lights are a must we used Grey line for these, would use Super Jeeps when we go again.

Golden circle.

Northern lights tour.

We got a car and drove about as the roads are so open and easy but day trips are all easy to book.

Beer was fairly pricey but not as much as sine make out. If you want a proper lash up remember most locals don't play out til close to midnight and finish up about 6am :lol: (I presume this mainly applies to weekends mind).

We did this just for the crack. Absolutely lifting (surprise). Puffin was delicious and the seafood soups are superb.
I had puffin, guillemot and whale all of which were nowt to get excited about. At least I had a try ;)

Golden circle.

Northern lights tour.

We don't mind the cold and love Christmas DM mate. Should be ideal for atmosphere and northern light seeing a reckon.

Cheers.

Providing the weather isn't horrific, hire a car.

The northern lights 'tour' is just a bus ride out of Reykjavik which you can't cancel if the aurora forecast is shit making it a total waste of time. Golden circle tour is good but again hire a car as it takes all day on a bus (leave at 8 and back at 5) and you can do it yourself in half the time.

If you factor in not paying for airport transfers as well the car pays for itself.

So basically what I am saying is, hire a car and use google maps.

Blue lagoon was good but pricey for what it was imo. Local swimming pools are all really good with outdoor hotubs, steam, sauna etc. They all love swimming over there so the facilities are all well taken care of. Sundhöll Reykjavíkur That was the one nearest our Airbnb.

Hire an airbnb, cheaper than a hotel.

Download the appy hour app, tells you when and where you can get cheap pints.

Free walking tour is very good, it's not actually free, you pay whatever you feel in whatever currency at the end. CityWalk.is - Free Walking Tour Reykjavik Iceland, Pubcrawl, Financial, #1

You don't need any cash, everywhere takes card. Take the SMB's favorite card, Revolut.

Providing the weather isn't horrific, hire a car.

The northern lights 'tour' is just a bus ride out of Reykjavik which you can't cancel if the aurora forecast is shit making it a total waste of time. Golden circle tour is good but again hire a car as it takes all day on a bus (leave at 8 and back at 5) and you can do it yourself in half the time.

If you factor in not paying for airport transfers as well the car pays for itself.

So basically what I am saying is, hire a car and use google maps.

Blue lagoon was good but pricey for what it was imo. Local swimming pools are all really good with outdoor hotubs, steam, sauna etc. They all love swimming over there so the facilities are all well taken care of. Sundhöll Reykjavíkur That was the one nearest our Airbnb.

Hire an airbnb, cheaper than a hotel.

Download the appy hour app, tells you when and where you can get cheap pints.

Free walking tour is very good, it's not actually free, you pay whatever you feel in whatever currency at the end. CityWalk.is - Free Walking Tour Reykjavik Iceland, Pubcrawl, Financial, #1

You don't need any cash, everywhere takes card. Take the SMB's favorite card, Revolut.
Thanks for that Pop mate. Some useful info there.

Back