Review: The best Savoury Dip in Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

what is the definition of a savoury sandwich, we need a standard
Well it has to not be full slices of meat for a kick off.

It is a combination of a variety of meats cut throughout the day, morsels if you like. You get what is there, in a sandwich.

Am a savaloy dip man myself

Well it has to not be full slices of meat for a kick off.

It is a combination of a variety of meats cut throughout the day, morsels if you like. You get what is there, in a sandwich.

Am a savaloy dip man myself

on that basis though its probably just aesthetics. in a blind taste test they would be the same surely?

Had the worst saveloy dip ever from there, even worse that my homemade efforts. Will never return.
I'm sorry but I need to intervene here. I had a saveloy dip from hendersons today for me bait and it was top notch, as usual.
I've had saveloy dips from all over this town, and let me tell you, and others, hendersons do a bloody good un

Hanging out my arse today after a jaunt to Boro combined with working from home allowed me a chance to sample the best dips in Sunderland.

So today I ventured 300 yards down past Deli and Dips from where @longtimelurker incorrectly thought produced the best dips to Silksworth Village butchers.

£2.40 gets you the best dip you'll get in the area, which is 70p less than Deli and Dips, so because of the saving I spent it on a can of Diet Coke @ 70p

Service: Fast and friendly, and served by a good looking young lady who was very polite, even when I slung my change at her which went all over because I'm shaking like a shitting dog 10/10

Food: Nearly 500g of pure heaven. If heaven was a sandwich, this would be it. Perfectly layered beef, pork and ham, with a generous helping of pease pudding and stuffing on a superbly dipped white bun. In some dip shops the meat can go a little dry, but not in this case. Perfection! 10/10

Shop and location: No parking problems here, parked directly outside the clean and welcoming shop. Some idle chit chat with the customers who clearly can see I'm struggling like fuck today made for a very pleasant experience 10/10

Logon or register to see this image

£3.10 for this

https://ibb.co/b28Cd5
Nearly 500g of meaty perfection

https://ibb.co/dzoCd5
Like god had created this

So don't make the mistake of some on the board, save yourself a small fortune and head past Deli and Dips, which isn't bad by the way, just not as good as others and head to Silksworth Village Butchers. This has lifted my mood from the game last night, but more importantly lifted my hangover.

Peace out brothers and sisters!

I think you've peaked marra. Your finest post.

Robsons pallion high street do an awesome steak in gravy sarnie. Im a big dip fan myself but the steak sarnie from there is just a beautiful beautiful thing. Granted its drenched in gravy but it tastes devine. For £2 it is better value for money imho.

Although those two recent efforts from SIlky looked frigging lush they weren't really savoury dips if we're being honest. They were sliced meat sandwiches, tasty looking sliced meat sandwiches I admit, but they weren't a 'proper' savoury dip.

Not like this f***ing bad boy, ladies and gentlemen i present to you Penywell butchers finest

As you can see filled with absolutely allsorts. 10/10 best two pound I've ever spent.

It's basically all the shit that's left ower the dipped in the shite that's left ower from where it's cooked

So a shit sandwich

Although those two recent efforts from SIlky looked frigging lush they weren't really savoury dips if we're being honest. They were sliced meat sandwiches, tasty looking sliced meat sandwiches I admit, but they weren't a 'proper' savoury dip.

Not like this f***ing bad boy, ladies and gentlemen i present to you Penywell butchers finest

As you can see filled with absolutely allsorts. 10/10 best two pound I've ever spent.

What does it weigh?

It's basically all the shit that's left ower the dipped in the shite that's left ower from where it's cooked

So a shit sandwich

What does it weigh?

Aye I know, f***ing lush innit?

I haven't got any scales on me, I'm sorry I've let you all down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back