Returning to the north east after 44 years

Although born and bred in Sunderland (Hylton Castle, Millfield) I have lived away for 44 years - Manchester, Surrey, London, Herts and Bucks.

Me and my darling wife are "coming home" to live near Durham in January. It just seems the right thing to do for many reasons and we are both looking forward to an adventure.

Any tips / advice.?

Looking forward to;

- seeing more of my family
- being near a beautiful city and countryside
- being closer to the seaside
- going to the SOL more often
- getting away from the south which gets more frenetic by the day
- cheaper beer
- etc.

Although born and bred in Sunderland (Hylton Castle, Millfield) I have lived away for 44 years - Manchester, Surrey, London, Herts and Bucks.

Me and my darling wife are "coming home" to live near Durham in January. It just seems the right thing to do for many reasons and we are both looking forward to an adventure.

Any tips / advice.?

Looking forward to;

- cheaper beer
- etc.

You’re moving a few hours North in the same country. Not to Moga-f***ing-dishu.

Frig me man.

Any tips / advice.?

Looking forward to;

- cheaper beer
- etc.

Good luck mate. Been away 50 years but still a dream of mine. Hopefully one day.

If you aren’t bothered about being in Durham itself, as it’s fill of studenty types and everyone knows that we hate students on here, and you really want to be near the sea, there’s a couple of new housing estates that may be of interest to you. One is on the old cherry knowles site at Ryhope and the other is opposite the toll bar in Ryhope/Grangetown.

Any tips / advice.?

Looking forward to;

- cheaper beer
- etc.

You can pay tribute to Martin Bain by sipping 89362982348 cups of coffee a day, its what he would've wanted us all to do.

Back