Return to the office campaign...

This article is something else. Berating home workers saying they are bone idol, wrecking the economy, and must return to the office now.

Then points out his worked out home for the last 30 plus years. :lol:

He also did his interview via home zoom. He gets chauffeured and also refused to say if his own office staff were returning...

This article is something else. Berating home workers saying they are bone idol, wrecking the economy, and must return to the office now.

Then points out his worked out home for the last 30 plus years. :lol:

I have actually been more productive according to my stats 😂

He also did his interview via home zoom. He gets chauffeured and also refused to say if his own office staff were returning...

I have actually been more productive according to my stats 😂
Yeah ive been way more productive too. Less distractions.

I also don't fully buy the point about the econony suffering. I pop into my local town for lunch now, rather than through in York. And money ive saved from travelling has probably been spent on other stuff (got myself a bike for example).

I also don't fully buy the point about the econony suffering. I pop into my local town for lunch now, rather than through in York. And money ive saved from travelling has probably been spent on other stuff (got myself a bike for example).

Exactly. The need for the smaller businesses hasn't disappeared, it's just moving out of city centres into the old dormitory towns and villages. Business will have to adapt, like we're told they are exceptionally good at.

Not too long ago our biggest concern was the environment and we were wanting people to work from home to reduce our carbon footprint. Now it's sod that, the economy is the most important thing.

Pushing all the people currently working from home into cramped offices in a lot of cases via public transport is something that is not going to appeal to anyone and won't help the R number as we approach the winter months.

Exactly. The need for the smaller businesses hasn't disappeared, it's just moving out of city centres into the old dormitory towns and villages. Business will have to adapt, like we're told they are exceptionally good at.

Not too long ago our biggest concern was the environment and we were wanting people to work from home to reduce our carbon footprint. Now it's sod that, the economy is the most important thing.

Pushing all the people currently working from home into cramped offices in a lot of cases via public transport is something that is not going to appeal to anyone and won't help the R number as we approach the winter months.
A couple of months ago the R number was everything according to the expert scientist and gov.
Weird how it is not mentioned anymore.

Working from home is an okay temporary fix but it isn't a long term solution for many businesses and people.

Training, communication, nuanced interaction with colleagues, loneliness and isolation, meeting people even the mundane interactions.

Solitary confinement is a massive punishment.

Baby thrown out with bath water if everyone starts working from home.

What you going to do about all the public transport workers thrown out of work as less busses and trains required during rush hour, they are part of the economy

Get back to work you lazy gets
They are cutting back only to profitable routes, councils already complaining that freda and Brenda can’t get to croquet club once a week.

If it’s not used then it will be lost. Public transport is the lifeblood of large city economy

What you going to do about all the public transport workers thrown out of work as less busses and trains required during rush hour, they are part of the economy

Last edited:
Working from home is an okay temporary fix but it isn't a long term solution for many businesses and people.

Training, communication, nuanced interaction with colleagues, loneliness and isolation, meeting people even the mundane interactions.

Solitary confinement is a massive punishment.

Baby thrown out with bath water if everyone starts working from home.
Solitary what ? Most seem to love working from home acc to the radio.

It isn’t his responsibility, it’s his employers. The High Street has been dying for decades because landlords charge stupid money and the government has allowed businesses to build out of town shopping centres instead. Bus use has been dropping for years as well. The train industry is almost entirely subsidised by the government anyway. All this pandemic has done is accelerate a process that has been well under way long before now.

Back