Return to Monkey Island

The art style of 3, the remasters and the last one on PC in episodes a few years back were all great I'm not overly keen on the new look. However, they've got the right voices and the story line is always class and funny so I'm on board no matter what!

Arse end of the first discworld game was more frustrating than any souls like.

Discworld Noir is where it’s at.
The art style of 3, the remasters and the last one on PC in episodes a few years back were all great I'm not overly keen on the new look. However, they've got the right voices and the story line is always class and funny so I'm on board no matter what!

Exactly my view - will get in on day one and see how it goes.

Suspect the style and gameplay has been managed so it can be easily used on the Switch and the Steam Deck.

Discworld Noir is where it’s at.

Exactly my view - will get in on day one and see how it goes.

Suspect the style and gameplay has been managed so it can be easily used on the Switch and the Steam Deck.
Which does make sense, I'd love for a new generation to enjoy the franchise as much as I have so if this is the way they can manage it then I'm cool with it.

Even if it's cack I'll always have my Monkey Island tm drinks coasters and Murray keyring.

Arse end of the first discworld game was more frustrating than any souls like.
The worst offender in point and clicks has to be the goat puzzle in Broken Sword. It’s actually used in game design courses as a ‘what not to do’ example. It expects you to try a mechanic that has at no point been introduced to or hinted at and is then never utilised again. I was stuck on that literally for years until I accidentally read about it somewhere

I want to get this for my Switch, but I'm wanting to play the other 3 games (or at least 1 & 2) before this again.

I want to get this for my Switch, but I'm wanting to play the other 3 games (or at least 1 & 2) before this again.

1 and 2 (the remastered ones - you can switch between original and new graphics) are on the other consoles and Steam/GoG. 3 is only on Steam/GoG.
1 and 2 (the remastered ones - you can switch between original and new graphics) are on the other consoles and Steam/GoG. 3 is only on Steam/GoG.

Loving it so far. Writing is superb.

Had to get it on Switch as wouldn’t work on my laptop.

Last edited:

Back