Return to Monkey Island

I’m very excited to play this. Fingers crossed it’s done well.

Got some good names in the frame, Gilbert is royalty in the field so I’ve got high hopes.

He made a game called Thimbleweed Park which was a throwback to old games of the genre that I thought was spot on.
Same with broken sword. Stop trying to make it look modern and crisp. The cartoony look works miles better for this type of game

Biggest mistake for the latest Broken Sword was making it sillier imo.

The originals were funny but felt like a dramatic story.

The got the balance right with the Beneath A Steel Sky sequel.

Last edited:
Hopefully I can get them all on ps5 and play through the lot. Fingers crossed for insult swordfighting and some head scratching puzzles.

You can play the original through an emulator online. Not sure if you can save the game though, I know you could on this website with the original Champ Manager 2. Might give it a go later.

Can anyone else not open this site? I'm trying to introduce my wife to the game but it's not opening on any of our devices.

Was just coming on to say loved the originals, especially Le Chucks Revenge but for some god forsaken reason they changed the art style and it’s f***ing minging

Not keen on it, like, but still think it will be good.

Ron Gilbert has closed comments on it and won’t be talking about it again until release due to getting personal abuse following on from the art direction which is a bit mental.

Back