Retro Gaming

Super Elmo

Central Defender
Afternoon all,

Getting back into games from my childhood. Bought an N64 off eBay and looking to get a PS2 for backwards compatibility.

Does anyone have any recommendations for shops in the NE that stock a decent selection of retro games where they don’t have your eyes out?

Cheers

Afternoon all,

Getting back into games from my childhood. Bought an N64 off eBay and looking to get a PS2 for backwards compatibility.

Does anyone have any recommendations for shops in the NE that stock a decent selection of retro games where they don’t have your eyes out?

Cheers

There is a place up Consett called Games Galaxy that has a decent range of retro stuff. This is the link for his eBay page which has contact details for the store.

Not strictly retro but lately I've been thinking about modding a Gameboy. Not modding in the sense of getting all the games for nowt, but a few people these days get an original Gameboy Advanced and replace the screen with a more modern backlit one. They also replace some buttons, the shells and even the battery compartment. They change it with a USB C charging pack. It looks easy enough to do when following YouTube guides and they still play the original game cartridges. The only thing putting me off is that at the minute Gameboys of any kind are quite expensive and so are the games. Especially the Pokemon, Mario and Zelda ones. Expensive but some of the results are really good.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Afternoon all,

Cheers
Bloke in the grainger market.

Very reasonable.

I got a Steam Deck a year back and it's all I play. It's a piece of piss to sort and basically downloads every emulator you can possibly need in one setup.

Not strictly retro but lately I've been thinking about modding a Gameboy. Not modding in the sense of getting all the games for nowt, but a few people these days get an original Gameboy Advanced and replace the screen with a more modern backlit one. They also replace some buttons, the shells and even the battery compartment. They change it with a USB C charging pack. It looks easy enough to do when following YouTube guides and they still play the original game cartridges. The only thing putting me off is that at the minute Gameboys of any kind are quite expensive and so are the games. Especially the Pokemon, Mario and Zelda ones. Expensive but some of the results are really good.

DS and GBA Pokemon games were touching £100 in CEX the other day. Those modded handhelds look class

N64 is one of the most expensive and rarest game collections to obtain.

The prices for some titles and for serious collectors of you can manage to find a copy.

But an Everdrive64 cartridge. Just plugs straight in. It contains a micro SD card with around d 350 games on it.

You can get them on AliExpress and the like.

Last edited:
N64 is one of the most expensive and rarest game collections to obtain.

The prices for some titles and for serious collectors of you can manage to find a copy.

But an Everdrive64 cartridge. Just plugs straight in. It contains a micro SD card with around d 350 games on it.

You can get them on AliExpress and the like.

Fancied conkers bad fur day, £100 no box 😂

DS and GBA Pokemon games were touching £100 in CEX the other day. Those modded handhelds look class
I was visiting the parents yesterday and this thread inspired me to check the loft. I found a Pokemon Yellow game with box and instructions. Box is in poor condition but I could be looked at £130 if I put it on eBay.

I've got a fair few retro consoles, and an HDMI amplifier so they can be played on modern TVs.

Unfortunately eBay drives the price of anything 64 up when in truth a lot of it is worth very little. CEX wanted 20 for world cup 98 ffs. its worthless like most sports games

What i would like is a raspberry pi type drive with all the roms and emulators on. 64, ps1 ps2 dreamcast and gamecube if anyone knows about that type of thing?
I got a Steam Deck a year back and it's all I play. It's a piece of piss to sort and basically downloads every emulator you can possibly need in one setup.
what emulators can you run on it?

Back