Retro Gaming Boxes

I've not read the original link, but be careful as a lot of these types of machines are more sort of fan made remakes of games and not the actual originals. Ive read a lot where people have been dissapointed saying the games are nothing like the originals.
By people who played the originals and now realise they are shite but can't admit it because they are invested in the idea that old games are great.

Sorry but graphics alone dont make a good game its all down to game play something lots of modern games are lacking.
Yes, repeatedly shooting a bullet up into the sky to hit a moving target was so much better than what you can do now in games. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
By people who played the originals and now realise they are shite but can't admit it because they are invested in the idea that old games are great.
No, they did side by side comparisons and they ran at different speeds and the actual graphics were totally different

No, they did side by side comparisons and they ran at different speeds and the actual graphics were totally different
Yes, emulators have to slow the speed down because the old games ran on much slower machines, and yes, the graphics are totally different. Old graphics are crap!

Yes, repeatedly shooting a bullet up into the sky to hit a moving target was so much better than what you can do now in games. :rolleyes:
Repeatedly shoot the bullet into the highly detailed graphical representation of a man? :lol: Gaming hasn't changed all that much, it's just been given a new veneer.

Yes, emulators have to slow the speed down because the old games ran on much slower machines, and yes, the graphics are totally different. Old graphics are crap!
Don't know if you are missing my point. The actual pixels were different colours, spaceships different sizes and shapes and various objects missing. The games were complete remakes of their original counterparts.

Don't know if you are missing my point. The actual pixels were different colours, spaceships different sizes and shapes and various objects missing. The games were complete remakes of their original counterparts.
Seems like a lot of hard work to recreate a game from scratch when the original is available online for free and can be downloaded in seconds...

Seems like a lot of hard work to recreate a game from scratch when the original is available online for free and can be downloaded in seconds...
People do it all the time though don't they? Clones of frogger, snake, space invaders etc are 10 to the penny. Might have just downloaded the clones to get around licensing.

I don't know, not even bothered. Just trying to point out that some of these things are fakes

I foolishly bought “Renegade” from the retro PS Store

It was one of my favourite games in the late 80’s on the Amstrad CPC

Cost me a fiver and it’s absolutely shite, you have to complete the full game with one life, or else you go back to the very beginning

I’m old school, but I think these old games should be left in the 80’s/90’s

Another option if you fancy sitting in bed or at work and playing something is picking up a PSP from your local smackhead trade in shop for about £15-25 and doing it yourself using a standard Sandisk Memory card which you can get for a tenner.

Thats all i did, theres limitations on what you can put on based on the size of the memory stick but much better than using a shite low grade android box to play them.

Loads of tutorials online and it's that eay even i could manage it.

Another option if you fancy sitting in bed or at work and playing something is picking up a PSP from your local smackhead trade in shop for about £15-25 and doing it yourself using a standard Sandisk Memory card which you can get for a tenner.

Thats all i did, theres limitations on what you can put on based on the size of the memory stick but much better than using a shite low grade android box to play them.

Loads of tutorials online and it's that eay even i could manage it.
I have a vita. Would it still work? Any link or advice?

I have a vita. Would it still work? Any link or advice?
You can do it on vita but only on Firmware 3.60 and below, plenty of tutorials on youtube.

The latest update was 3.65 and if you are on that then you are shit out of luck.

On another note theres a team of coders who reckon they will have the PS3 hacked by Christmas so im keeping an eye on that to see if emulators would run on that, may be a lot better having a solid state console to abuse that connects easily and can play anything up to PS3

You can do it on vita but only on Firmware 3.60 and below, plenty of tutorials on youtube.

The latest update was 3.65 and if you are on that then you are shit out of luck.

On another note theres a team of coders who reckon they will have the PS3 hacked by Christmas so im keeping an eye on that to see if emulators would run on that, may be a lot better having a solid state console to abuse that connects easily and can play anything up to PS3
Might give it a go. Haven't used or updated the vita in 2-3 years.

Back