Retro Gaming Boxes

Have you actually tried playing old games on an emulator? Stuff I loved back in the day is shite now that we have modern graphics.

If I can motivate you to not waste your money then my job here is done.
You're right there. Had a look at some Spectrum games I played as a kid and they were beyond shit and absolutely rock hard to play. My kids pissed themselves laughing at Matchday, the FIFA of my youth.

Have you actually tried playing old games on an emulator? Stuff I loved back in the day is shite now that we have modern graphics.

If I can motivate you to not waste your money then my job here is done.
Nonsense. Some of the best games ever are part of the SNES, Mega Drive, and PS1 catalogue. Graphics do not a great game make. Give me Super Metroid over Call of Duty any day.

some of the old games on emulators are shit especially if they are old 8 bit spectrum ones but I can happily play games on MAME for hours

Mr Do, Asteroids, Gauntlet

some great stuff out there

My favourite game back in the early 90's was XCOM. I would start playing at 6pm and not stop until 4am. I loved it.

I recently played it using DosBox and I was bored within 10 minutes.
You can't pass one personal opinion off as a blanket statement, man. :lol: Games like Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, among others, still get ported as-is to newer devices and sell well. One of the biggest wants on the Nintendo Switch is the Virtual Console which allows users to play all the old games from NES, Game boy, SNES, and so on.

A decent Android box and games controller, and join Retromania on Facebook for a fiver. Gives you loads of tutorials and pretty easy to get set up yourself.

You can't pass one personal opinion off as a blanket statement, man. :lol: Games like Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, among others, still get ported as-is to newer devices and sell well. One of the biggest wants on the Nintendo Switch is the Virtual Console which allows users to play all the old games from NES, Game boy, SNES, and so on.
I can't but I'm going to! :)

For the money they're asking you'd be better off paying someone on here to do it for you.

Or doing it urself for nearer £80. With top notch pads etc, not their generic shite.

I've not read the original link, but be careful as a lot of these types of machines are more sort of fan made remakes of games and not the actual originals. Ive read a lot where people have been dissapointed saying the games are nothing like the originals.

Back