Retro Games i.e. 80s/90s etc

gards2

Striker
I've ordered a console emulator, it's bout 50quid. Now, I know you can DIY via a raspberry pie or whatever but the one I bought is oplug and ply into your TV. It also has some apps for TV and movies which im looking forward to trying out.

ANyone else still play the old classics? Via emulator or maybe you still have the console.

I have a SNES and an N64 which I still play on occasionally. Games such as Lylat Wars, Mario, Zelda etc… I’ve had a PS4/5 and Xbox S, I don’t think the games are as fun these days, but maybe I’m a sucker for wearing rose tinted specs.

still have my SNES, Meagadrive, PS1 - all still working

but i have the emulators setup on my pc anyway so i just use that

currently playing Shining Force CD (from the Mega CD) - think of it as Shining Force 1.5 for anyone who played the series back in the day

I still regularly play retro games. Currently replaying Final Fantasy IX, having recently finished Doom64.

I lost interest in newer games from the late PS3-era onwards. Although there's exceptions and I still dabble in newer releases now and then.

Retro games feel like they're built with a lot more love and without a wholly cash focus. It's true escapism for me, and I really enjoy the community around it. Nowadays it feels like it's constantly 'What's next' and games as a service - a sausage factory of in and out.

I've said it on here before, but until last year I had a fairly impressive retro collection including MS-DOS, NES, Mega Drive, Sega 32X, SNES etc. Sold the lot and made around £4k, and now play just on emulators.

Last edited:
I recently bought a good cable to connect my N64 to my HD tv and it's been great playing some older games again - I also have a a Raspberry Pi hooked up with NES, SNES and PSX games hooked up too but really need to be more organised and get more games on it.

Last edited:
I've ordered a console emulator, it's bout 50quid. Now, I know you can DIY via a raspberry pie or whatever but the one I bought is oplug and ply into your TV. It also has some apps for TV and movies which im looking forward to trying out.

ANyone else still play the old classics? Via emulator or maybe you still have the console.
I bought 2 of my old Amiga joysticks and 2 sega game pads with usb converters a few years back:
Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

I do occasionally play some of the old ones on my pc. Stuff like sensible soccer, speedball 2, chaos engine, road rash, desert strike, golden axe, nhl 94 and streets of rage are some of my favourites. You can get speedball 2 on steam but it doesn’t play half as well as the emulator.

Last edited:
I still regularly play retro games. Currently replaying Final Fantasy IX, having recently finished Doom64.

I lost interest in newer games from the late PS3-era onwards. Although there's exceptions and I still dabble in newer releases now and then.

Retro games feel like they're built with a lot more love and without a wholly cash focus. It's true escapism for me, and I really enjoy the community around it. Nowadays it feels like it's constantly 'What's next' and games as a service - a sausage factory of in and out.

I've said it on here before, but until last year I had a fairly impressive retro collection including MS-DOS, NES, Mega Drive, Sega 32X, SNES etc. Sold the lot and made around £4k, and now play just on emulators.
Final Fantasy IX has aged really well I think. Probably my favourite game in the series.

Aye, it's aged very well, unlike VIII which I used to love but is a bit if a mess when replaying today. X also comes through the ages unscathed as well. My favourite is and always will be VI.

I have never played VI all the way through. It too my mate some convincing to play VII at first. I was only 14 when that came out like.

I've had various emulators over the years using various devices and always come to the same conclusions, the games are pretty shite and get bored very easily
i half agree - its easy to get bored, which is why i just dip in and out of them

and thats the beauty of emulators - fancy a quick blast of mario kart on the snes, fire it up in 20 seconds rather than dragging the console out, finding the right leads, etc

bored of mario kart...quick blast of speedball2 on the megadrive - again without the pain of having to plug in

etc, etc

Back