Restraining orders / reverse-ignore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyl2u

Striker
Mods, is it possible to put someone on reverse ignore so that they can't see my posts/threads anymore?

As an aside, why do the mods follow some of the banning rules and not others? How come certain posters with lifetime bans are allowed to blatantly come back under other usernames and continue behaving in exactly the way they'd been behaving to get banned in the first place?

That seems a bit power crazy? :)

There's a certain poster who seemingly can't resist hurling ignorant childish bile at me on pretty much every thread I post on.

He's like one of those guys you don't want at your parties... he'll see a group of people he doesn't know, chatting and enjoying themselves, walk over to them, laugh loudly and uncomfortably at an inappropriate time so that everyone looks at him in thinly-velied disgust, and proceeds to insult or otherwise offend the senses of everyone in the group until one by one they all leave the party to get away from him.

Surprised he hasn't made it onto this thread yet, to be honest.

No, you can't reverse ignore.

If you have a problem with someones posts, report them. Contrary to popular belief the moderators don't read every single post/thread on the boards so probably aren't aware of the problem.

No, you can't reverse ignore.

If you have a problem with someones posts, report them. Contrary to popular belief the moderators don't read every single post/thread on the boards so probably aren't aware of the problem.

They're definitely aware that this banned guy is back with a new username, and that he's still constantly obnoxious, not just to me but to various others too.

The problem with reporting this guy's posts is that often the whole thread gets deleted in the process, rather than just the offending post, and the bloke seems to get away with it scot-free.

Threads on the main board discussing it seem to get locked pretty quickly, seemingly to brush the situation under the carpet.

Like this one for example...

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=568831

If the poster in question has so many lifetime bans on various aliases, why hasn't this been extended to his other usernames once he's been pointed out?

Bearing in mind this is the guy who, on another SAFC forum, started the infamous "SMB Death List" thread, naming posters from this forum he'd like to see dead.

Frankly, I don't understand why his new usernames aren't banned for life as soon as he's been found out as the owner of the username.

Bearing in mind this is the guy who, on another SAFC forum, started the infamous "SMB Death List" thread, naming posters from this forum he'd like to see dead.

How the hell are we supposed to

a) Know this
b) Ban someone on here for something hes supposedly said on another forum........

We cant as Roger says read the vast majority of this place let alone another mesage board on the internet..............

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a certain poster who seemingly can't resist hurling ignorant childish bile at me on pretty much every thread I post on.

He's like one of those guys you don't want at your parties... he'll see a group of people he doesn't know, chatting and enjoying themselves, walk over to them, laugh loudly and uncomfortably at an inappropriate time so that everyone looks at him in thinly-velied disgust, and proceeds to insult or otherwise offend the senses of everyone in the group until one by one they all leave the party to get away from him.

Surprised he hasn't made it onto this thread yet, to be honest.

Speaking from personal experience, you are joking.

How the hell are we supposed to

a) Know this
b) Ban someone on here for something hes supposedly said on another forum........

We cant as Roger says read the vast majority of this place let alone another mesage board on the internet..............

Hi Streaker, I wasn't trying to be arsey, it was/is common knowledge about this particular poster and the thread I mentioned on the other forum, and both he and the offending thread have been discussed repeatedly at length on the SMB, so I assumed the mods would be in the know about it.

As for not banning someone for something he did on another forum, I think the fact that the thread on the other forum was a list of people from this forum that he'd "want to see dead" should be reason enough to ban him from here, but if that's not policy here fair enough.

Even putting that aside, he has a number of lifetime bans on here on his various usernames and is back posting on yet another new one. Isn't this defeating the object of giving him his lifetime ban in the first place(s)?

Hi Streaker, I wasn't trying to be arsey, it was/is common knowledge about this particular poster and the thread I mentioned on the other forum, and both he and the offending thread have been discussed repeatedly at length on the SMB, so I assumed the mods would be in the know about it.

As for not banning someone for something he did on another forum, I think the fact that the thread on the other forum was a list of people from this forum that he'd "want to see dead" should be reason enough to ban him from here, but if that's not policy here fair enough.

Even putting that aside, he has a number of lifetime bans on here on his various usernames and is back posting on yet another new one. Isn't this defeating the object of giving him his lifetime ban in the first place(s)?

As I said originally how the hell do you expect us to even know about that let alone ban him for it..............

We see probably less than 10% of this place yet you expect us to know about that................:roll:

Thats my last as well as I and I am sure all other mods on here havent the time to discuss this ad infinitum and go round and round........

We do what we do and reserve the right to do that on here..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back