Resting heart rate and alcohol

Anyone else’s resting heart rate jump up the day after a few bevvies?

Mine goes up approx 5-6 bpm every weekend.
Yes, that's what ended up making me knock the drink on the head (for now). It was Easter three years ago, we opened a bottle of wine after lunch and I drank one glass, then a glass of water on and off. Only drank half a bottle in total and still had the same effect that night. Not saying I'll never drink but I now choose not to for that very reason.

Yes, that's what ended up making me knock the drink on the head (for now). It was Easter three years ago, we opened a bottle of wine after lunch and I drank one glass, then a glass of water on and off. Only drank half a bottle in total and still had the same effect that night. Not saying I'll never drink but I now choose not to for that very reason.
Ah don't say things like that. :(

Haven’t checked mine but can guarantee it’ll be higher

Starting to get the fear really badly the day after a drink. Even if I only have 1 or 2. It’s a f***ing pain in the arsed

Yes, the nights sleep following some beers is usually 15bpm higher on average through the night - and then during the hangover day it's about 10-15 higher as well. Happens without fail, i don't think much about it, usually have beers on Saturday and that's it.

I'm having a problem where its not my resting heartrate but power of it. The Garman shows a stready 51-55 bpm over the last year but when I've do exersice in the evening my chest is pumping so hard I can hardly sleep, and it's much worse if I've had a drink the day before. I've cut right back to only having a drink on a Saturday and having Sunday as a rest day but it seems to be getting worse.

Back