Restaurants

To be fair it might be easier to go to a restaurant like Marcellos and get a happy hour special and drink a bottle of house wine at 12

Are they open on Saturday. Never seen any mention of it. And if so, who'said going where.
Or is everyone just drinking
We’ve booked Bellini’s for our lasses birthday on the 11th. To be honest I’m more excited about going for a meal than the pubs opening again as the social distancing won’t really affect it as much.

Are they open on Saturday. Never seen any mention of it. And if so, who'said going where.
Or is everyone just drinking
Well seeing as only 4% said they were going to the pub in the poll, I dont think everybody is drinking .
EDIT: its now up to 11%.
Still shows how much more sensible we are up here than the idiots down south.

Last edited:
Does now, doesn't it?
Happy Saturday.

I mean happy hope you just stay in and don't go to the pub day. 👍

Me and the mrs personally love turning out on a Saturday and having a few in newcaslte wherever we like during the day an evening then back to Sunderland on the night .

cant happen currently then as wouod need to book about ten tables

Early days , obviously and hopefully we come out of this half the speed we went in

Last edited:
I think it's a massive mistake opening pubs n restaurants, I pray we don't end up in the same shite as those states in the USA that opened up.
We’re opening up at a similar stage to other European countries aren’t we? Have they had issues when reopening bars and restaurants?

We’re opening up at a similar stage to other European countries aren’t we? Have they had issues when reopening bars and restaurants?
Aren't our case/death figures still higher than them though. I know Spain figures are a bit dubious. I still don't really get why our figures haven't gone down quicker ie like other countries.

BTW, I'm not exactly saying we shouldn't be opening stuff, its just the riskiest step yet

Last edited:
We’ve booked Bellini’s for our lasses birthday on the 11th. To be honest I’m more excited about going for a meal than the pubs opening again as the social distancing won’t really affect it as much.
Agree, picked up a takeaway from thai harbour, hartlepool last night, lovely family. They were decorating n sorting the beer out.
Were at the local tonight but id sooner go there.

Back