Resistance Bands any good ?

Guitar Man

Midfield
Just to tone up seen a set on flea bay with handles and door clip , 5 bands 10lb to 30lb £16
I need to lose a stone and tone up ,so any good or waste of time?
any youtube recommendations ? seems loads on so dont know the good from the bad .

They're alright. Not bad, not good, they do the job if you can't get your hands on weights.

They were decent at keeping my muscles working somewhat while I waited for my weights.

When I was young and stupid I was doing upright rows with some, the handle snapped off at full stretch and I punched myself right in the face. I was seeing stars and everything.

So called "toning" requires a reduction in bodyfat. I cannt see how resistance bands will achieve that. Dont get me wrong, they are brilliant little bits of kit, but im not sure using them alone will get the results you want.

I use the bands, as in no handles just continuous loops. They allow you to vary the resistance of each band. Some YouTube videos demonstrate how. James Grage is the fella.
Anyhow, they do what I want in helping fight old age degeneration.

Last edited:
So called "toning" requires a reduction in bodyfat. I cannt see how resistance bands will achieve that. Dont get me wrong, they are brilliant little bits of kit, but im not sure using them alone will get the results you want.
They're an alternative to weights, your muscles don't know what is causing the resistance. They definitely give results.

Back