Reprehensible if this is someone from Sunderland or the North East in general.

The Krankie Returns

Central Defender
I thought we were better than this.
In fact it doesn’t matter which part of the country they’re from. It’s deplorable behaviour full stop. If they couldn’t afford to keep them they shouldn’t have volunteered to do so in the first place.

Was always going to happen with the tidal wave of goodwill, with probably some eying a financial gain, but probably some realizing the goodwill reality is not what they expected, bet even some was just "look at me" bragging rights. Fortunately, as the article mentions, this seems to be a very small minority out of the 33k homed so far.

In fact it doesn’t matter which part of the country they’re from. It’s deplorable behaviour full stop. If they couldn’t afford to keep them they shouldn’t have volunteered to do so in the first place.

Always was going to happen.Well to do away with the fairy’s middle class hippies in their 50/60’s think it’s a brilliant idea and what could possibly go wrong .Think about it logically man it’s going to be a tough ask for strangers from a foreign land to take over your house .

People don’t think these things through

Always was going to happen.Well to do away with the fairy’s middle class hippies in their 50/60’s think it’s a brilliant idea and what could possibly go wrong .Think about it logically man it’s going to be a tough ask for strangers from a foreign land to take over your house .

People don’t think these things through
My naighbour across the road took in a young mother and her 3y old. They've got a 7 and 5y old of their own. Decent sized house but I met him for a beer and he already said they're struggling with stuff like transport and pre school etc as well as them constantly being around the house.

We certainly don't have a lifestyle where we could support that

My naighbour across the road took in a young mother and her 3y old. They've got a 7 and 5y old of their own. Decent sized house but I met him for a beer and he already said they're struggling with stuff like transport and pre school etc as well as them constantly being around the house.

The idea of it and the reality are often different. It’s hard to take someone into your home and to make them feel welcome without them intruding.

I’m no expert but I’d say from day 1 you need to set boundaries and expectations. They fit into your life not the other way round, no lifts unless it works out that you’re going to the same place, no childminding, cook and eat separately on occasions so you still get family time. Easier said than done.

Mental that they can’t see the pitfalls

The idea of it and the reality are often different. It’s hard to take someone into your home and to make them feel welcome without them intruding.

I’m no expert but I’d say from day 1 you need to set boundaries and expectations. They fit into your life not the other way round, no lifts unless it works out that you’re going to the same place, no childminding, cook and eat separately on occasions so you still get family time. Easier said than done.
My daughter spent 6m on a waiting list for the pre school at the top of the road. The Ukrainian child has been offered a place (no issues) straight off the bat but the mother said no and wants to go to the montessori 2 miles away with no way of getting the kid there. It's mental.

My daughter spent 6m on a waiting list for the pre school at the top of the road. The Ukrainian child has been offered a place (no issues) straight off the bat but the mother said no and wants to go to the montessori 2 miles away with no way of getting the kid there. It's mental.
She needs to take what she’s given IMO.

If she's just arrived how come she has this opinion?

It doesn’t state where they were initially housed but they are now getting help from a ‘Sunderland based family’

But wherever they were at first, the hosts need shaming if true

Im failing to see what's she's done wrong. The schools shouldn't have offered her the option
Well one is about 200m up the road and has a 6m waiting list which has been waived. And free uniform. The other is 2 miles away and the waiting list has also been waived but she wants the hosts to take their kids to school first then come back and drop her kid off at the one two mile away. Bit of a liberty if you ask me.

If course we’re better than this.
I mean hoardes of Ukrainian refugees are being put on the streets.

Well one is about 200m up the road and has a 6m waiting list which has been waived. And free uniform. The other is 2 miles away and the waiting list has also been waived but she wants the hosts to take their kids to school first then come back and drop her kid off at the one two mile away. Bit of a liberty if you ask me.
She shouldn't have had the choice is the point I'm making. She wouldn't have had any prior knowledge, Shirley?

Back