Reporting a side effect or making a Claim for Vaccine injuries including death

I actually never thought I'd recover from long Covid, but the last week my breathing has been excellent. Done 4 hours on the garden today...I'm a very happy bunny :D
My son had it at the end of October and ended up leaving his 1st yr uni course because he was wiped out and couldn't put any thoughts together.

He's over it now but still a bit enfeebled and hasn't got his taste / smell back to normal - he says chocolate is the worst as it is like burnt musty teabags.

My son had it at the end of October and ended up leaving his 1st yr uni course because he was wiped out and couldn't put any thoughts together.

He's over it now but still a bit enfeebled and hasn't got his taste / smell back to normal - he says chocolate is the worst as it is like burnt musty teabags.
Same here with chocolate...had to ditch butter and cheese also. How long since his taste went wrong...there doesn't seem to be any pattern to recovery as youngsters seem to suffer the taste problem more. In saying all this, I haven't read of anyone having hormonal changes as dramatic as mine, I've had grey hair for 30 years, there is no explanation.

Currently have a claim against doctors. What happened was I was Mis-diagnosed, had surgery which could have been avoided with an actual early diagnosis and been left with life changing changes.

Genuine. Folks claiming against a vaccine against something that could have killed them made that choice. All vaccines have potential side effects, a child knows this.

Are you saying that people damaged by the vaccine should just suck it up and not claim for vaccine damage because they didnt get covid or just had a mild attack?

You used your circumstances as an example of a valid claim so what is your view on my daughters circumstances? As someone with Crohns Disease she took the advice of the medical establishment and had three covid vaccinations. As a result she has completely fried her kidneys and needs a kidney transplant. She had her first dialysis session yesterday. Does she not have any right or justification for claiming vaccine damage compensation?

Same here with chocolate...had to ditch butter and cheese also. How long since his taste went wrong...there doesn't seem to be any pattern to recovery as youngsters seem to suffer the taste problem more. In saying all this, I haven't read of anyone having hormonal changes as dramatic as mine, I've had grey hair for 30 years, there is no explanation.
Lost it straight away, so about 9 months now

Are you saying that people damaged by the vaccine should just suck it up and not claim for vaccine damage because they didnt get covid or just had a mild attack?

You used your circumstances as an example of a valid claim so what is your view on my daughters circumstances? As someone with Crohns Disease she took the advice of the medical establishment and had three covid vaccinations. As a result she has completely fried her kidneys and needs a kidney transplant. She had her first dialysis session yesterday. Does she not have any right or justification for claiming vaccine damage compensation?
Your daughters situation sounds absolutely hideous and I hope she gets sorted.

Compensation is a tricky one though. I cannot claim on the back of side effects of surgery because I needed the operation or I would not be here. What I can claim on is the mid-diagnosis I received, and the life altering circumstances which came of it.

As far as I’m aware, the vaccine was a choice to each individual. There were risks, and more so with people with ongoing medical issues. It was your daughters choice (with medical advice) so it will be tricky to claim with my understanding of the law.

What ever happens, like I said I hope your daughter gets sorted

Your daughters situation sounds absolutely hideous and I hope she gets sorted.

Compensation is a tricky one though. I cannot claim on the back of side effects of surgery because I needed the operation or I would not be here. What I can claim on is the mid-diagnosis I received, and the life altering circumstances which came of it.

As far as I’m aware, the vaccine was a choice to each individual. There were risks, and more so with people with ongoing medical issues. It was your daughters choice (with medical advice) so it will be tricky to claim with my understanding of the law.

What ever happens, like I said I hope your daughter gets sorted

It wasn’t my daughters choice. She works in the NHS and it would have been difficult to avoid having the vaccination. You might remember that at one stage they were talking about sacking unvaccinated people.

She has had life changing circumstances. From a reasonably normal life she now has to have dialysis three times a week. Imagine how that is going to play out with her career. She can’t even go for a holiday without arranging dialysis wherever she goes.

You are pretty dismissive about her right to claim compensation but surely having your kidneys fried by a vaccination is enough to justify at least some compensation? And just for the record, she hasn’t claimed compensation. She thinks the NHS has better things to spend its money on.

It wasn’t my daughters choice. She works in the NHS and it would have been difficult to avoid having the vaccination. You might remember that at one stage they were talking about sacking unvaccinated people.

She has had life changing circumstances. From a reasonably normal life she now has to have dialysis three times a week. Imagine how that is going to play out with her career. She can’t even go for a holiday without arranging dialysis wherever she goes.

You are pretty dismissive about her right to claim compensation but surely having your kidneys fried by a vaccination is enough to justify at least some compensation? And just for the record, she hasn’t claimed compensation. She thinks the NHS has better things to spend its money on.
I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I

There is a Vaccine Damage scheme which pays out a tax free lump sum of £120,000 for people severely disabled by certain vaccines. COVID 19 vaccines are included. Vaccine Damage Payment

It is a no fault scheme so all you have to show is that vaccine caused the disability.

The money comes from central funds via DWP, not the NHS.

It has to be worth a try, surely?

Please don’t get arsey with me. I said “IN MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE LAW” based on conversations I had with my solicitor.

I’m not a lawyer and I dismissed nothing.

Absolutely tragic when people do get a rare serious adverse reaction to any drug or vaccine. I have a work colleague who is also now on dialysis because of an ADR they had to drug treatment. I knew a lad years ago who had a kidney transplant but then developed lymphoma and died as a side effect of the immunosuppressants he was on. The bottom line though is that the chance of damage and death from Covid outweighed that from the vaccine for the vast majority of people. A small number are unlucky and like I said absolutely terrible for them.

That will be true.

What I can say is I personally know of people who have died and others who have been and still are seriously ill as a result of having contracted the virus without being vaccinated.
I personally don't know of anyone who has died or had any lasting side effects from the vaccines.

Anecdotal evidence, I know. But I form a lot of my views that way.

No vaccine or drug in the world is totally safe and sadly when you vaccinate 90% of the population some will react badly to it.
Serious a question. Why do yous let posts like his stay on the site? It’s complete bullshit. It’s no good saying it’s his viewpoint etc. It’s dangerous claptrap

Serious a question. Why do yous let posts like his stay on the site? It’s complete bullshit. It’s no good saying it’s his viewpoint etc. It’s dangerous claptrap
To be fair to the mods, you hear this crap in the life, all over the internet etc, so the odd post is only a fraction of what we consider dangerous rhetoric...the majority of us will not be swayed by such posters.

Reported my (still on-going) issues under the yellow card scheme. Haven't gone any further with it as it's not going to be believed really - but there are research papers beginning to report on the same issues I developed post-jab. Nowt I can do about it.

Had minimal choice about having the jab - was a condition of continuing the uni course I'd signed up for long-before Covid occurred.

Back