Reported Missing - Durham Police BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
no thread from last night ?

interesting programme showing the resources needed to search for the many folk reported missing, 2 kids last night, both bullying victims

the way the copper spoke to the young lad was brilliant, found common ground and something the lad was interested in to engage him, I didn't have a clue what he was talking about but it appeared to work

I watched and was surprised no one mentioned it too as it was Darlington. You had to feel for that friendless lad with learning disabilities and his superhero obsession. I found myself hoping the mother would get him involved in some kind of group activities or get some support.

It's about a missing 28yr old next week and still with the Durham police.

I was more concerned about how the fuck he got to shields on the bus with his ticket....................
That made me smile too tbh. But he looked like a big lad, I don't think him wandering about on his own would make people think anything about it. Until he speaks, then you could tell he was vulnerable.

I haven't seen the show, but well done the police.

I have however seen the clip of the lad with the copper in the van. I have nee idea what they were talking about either, but it worked.

They should show all the time wasted on missing kids from local authority care ,
Who aren't missing at all , their just out at all hrs doing what they like because they can do what they like !
Care homes can't even lock the front door

I never used to blame the kids cos I know for a fact I would have done the same given that freedom at that age

I thought it was well done and interesting. The second case with the young girl threatening suicide I felt a bit uncomfortable with it. Yes it had a 'happy' ending in that she was found but I just wondered that featuring her problems on TV could have had a detrimental effect on her. She was running away from bullying and the kids who had bullied her could see the results. Some might have regretted their actions but some little buggers would have enjoyed it.

I was more concerned about how the fuck he got to shields on the bus with his ticket....................
forgot about that, he must have changed somewhere surely ?

I thought it was well done and interesting. The second case with the young girl threatening suicide I felt a bit uncomfortable with it. Yes it had a 'happy' ending in that she was found but I just wondered that featuring her problems on TV could have had a detrimental effect on her. She was running away from bullying and the kids who had bullied her could see the results. Some might have regretted their actions but some little buggers would have enjoyed it.
I thought that about the first lad until they put that bit on the end

They should show all the time wasted on missing kids from local authority care ,
Who aren't missing at all , their just out at all hrs doing what they like because they can do what they like !
Care homes can't even lock the front door

I never used to blame the kids cos I know for a fact I would have done the same given that freedom at that age
They don't so much now though do they. They class a lot of regular missing kids as absent and don't bother looking for them unless it gets past 72 hours.

I was thinking the same as you but for different reasons. I wonder what the stats are for those reported missing and not being looked for by police.

They don't so much now though do they. They class a lot of regular missing kids as absent and don't bother looking for them unless it gets past 72 hours.

I was thinking the same as you but for different reasons. I wonder what the stats are for those reported missing and not being looked for by police.

2 year ago they were treat the same ,
Entire set of nightshift could be spent reporting and looking for 4 or 5 from the same home

I'm going to watch this on iplayer now. Always find these programmes dead interesting but didn't know this was even on.

no thread from last night ?

interesting programme showing the resources needed to search for the many folk reported missing, 2 kids last night, both bullying victims

the way the copper spoke to the young lad was brilliant, found common ground and something the lad was interested in to engage him, I didn't have a clue what he was talking about but it appeared to work
Just this minute finished watching it, I really enjoyed it (if enjoy us the right word) a huge amount of resources and interesting about only 2 helicopters now to share

I watched and was surprised no one mentioned it too as it was Darlington. You had to feel for that friendless lad with learning disabilities and his superhero obsession. I found myself hoping the mother would get him involved in some kind of group activities or get some support.

It's about a missing 28yr old next week and still with the Durham police.

With durham for the whole series of docs i believe. Been filming since about august last year

that was excellent. As someone who works with children with learning disabilities and various social issues, I had plenty respect for the officer chatting to and giving advice to Joshua in the police car. He seemed to have a good grasp of the situation.

that was excellent. As someone who works with children with learning disabilities and various social issues, I had plenty respect for the officer chatting to and giving advice to Joshua in the police car. He seemed to have a good grasp of the situation.
I really hope Joshua has got some support and his Mother has got him involved in some group activities other than sitting in his bedroom. I was hoping there'd be a little bit of info at the end saying something to that effect.

I really hope Joshua has got some support and his Mother has got him involved in some group activities other than sitting in his bedroom. I was hoping there'd be a little bit of info at the end saying something to that effect.

Following that police will have put in a detailed form which can be shared amongst partner agencies. Before that though it will go through a dept which can alert support groups/charities where applicable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back