Replying problem

Curlyteeth

Midfield
Recently I've found I start typing before the previous message is added in to my reply, like the java script is too slow. Means I have to edit out bits of my text that are before the previous quote. Anyone else noticed this, didn't used to happen...

Recently I've found I start typing before the previous message is added in to my reply, like the java script is too slow. Means I have to edit out bits of my text that are before the previous quote. Anyone else noticed this, didn't used to happen...
Not sure what you mean.

Li ke this. Unless I correct it
I would have thought that was normal i.e you start typing (text inserted before quote) then press quote and type again (text inserted after quote.)

What is the problem with that?

I would have thought that was normal i.e you start typing (text inserted before quote) then press quote and type again (text inserted after quote.)

What is the problem with that?
It happens if you press reply first and then start typing. Some times it takes a while to insert the quote block. It’s happened for as long as I can remember mind so I don’t think it’s a new thing.

It happens if you press reply first and then start typing. Some times it takes a while to insert the quote block. It’s happened for as long as I can remember mind so I don’t think it’s a new thing.
Sounds like a few of you are using a slow device/computer as its never happened to me.

If its only started happening recently, chances are its due to a change in your browser or operating system as there have been no software/hardware changes on RTG since just before Christmas and obviously Javascript runs on you local device too, not on the server.

I haven’t seen the problem myself, so it would help to know what devices, browsers and operating systems you are using, ideally with the version numbers.

Also how are you accessing the site (wifi, broadband, 4g etc)

Back