Replacing a garage roof

yes, I am that interesting......

Double garage pitched roof is fucked after the winter storms. Think the builder used rabbit hutch felt. It’s a big double - anyone had a roofer replace similar recently and know if the £1500 quote I’ve had sounds off the mark.

Double garage pitched roof is fucked after the winter storms. Think the builder used rabbit hutch felt. It’s a big double - anyone had a roofer replace similar recently and know if the £1500 quote I’ve had sounds off the mark.
Great price

Lol joke I have no idea soz mate x

Woman out the back got her garage roof done the other Saturday with that heavy black felt stuff..two lads..weren't there more than two hours..used one of them blowtorch things..£1500 sounds a lot like??

I'd probably expect to be paying close to that price for a proper (non rabbit hutch) job.

The obvious thing to do is get a couple more quotes then you will know if its about right or not.

That good for a double would expect to pay not much less than that for a single

Is the £1500 for a new felt roof? I just been quoted that for a single garage, or £2k for rubber Epdm. Seems high to me

A single garage £1500!!! Does it need reboarding?

Mines 4.9m x 2.4m, leaking in 1 place so boards need replacing but rest looks fine. Quote today £1500 for felt £2000 for rubber EPDM. Is that too high?

For the rubber stuff. Permaroof or something. Cost also includes getting the knackered felt roof off. Sounds like it’s about ball park right sadly.

Who was it from if you don't mind me asking?

Edit: Mines a flat roof btw

Last edited:
Mines 4.9m x 2.4m, leaking in 1 place so boards need replacing but rest looks fine. Quote today £1500 for felt £2000 for rubber EPDM. Is that too high?

Who was it from if you don't mind me asking?
£250 too much I think mate. Tbh at the minute you will be lucky to find a roofer to do it so maybe best off sticking with them. I’ve priced a 7 x 2.5m kitchen today no boards to replace though for £950. But I’m chokka.

Back