Replacement Double Glazed Units

Wilfy

Striker
Got a couple of blown panels that need replacing. Anybody recommend someone in the Sunderland area to do this? Would get the units from work but they’re a set of robbing bastards.

Got a couple of blown panels that need replacing. Anybody recommend someone in the Sunderland area to do this? Would get the units from work but they’re a set of robbing bastards.
I've always used TWR down hendon, price and service is spot on.

I've always used TWR down hendon, price and service is spot on.
I thought they just made them to what you tell them? I’m unsure of the cavity size so would prefer to get someone in and if they get it wrong, it’s their problem.

I thought they just made them to what you tell them? I’m unsure of the cavity size so would prefer to get someone in and if they get it wrong, it’s their problem.
Unless the windows are ancient it will be 4-20-4 (28mm) can you not take the beads out and measure it?

Open a window and measure the frame overall width. Hold a straight edge against the frame face and measure distance to glass from the inside and from the outside. Subtract these 2 dimensions from the overall frame width and youve got the pane thickness.

Prima Windows are doing some for me tomorrow. Prices are fine
That's who I want but told he's busy as out atm and will ring me when he can come and measure for a quote.

I can hang on till next year like, local lad and an old mate so I'd rather give him the job than shoo around.

If it’s just plain take the glass out and measure it inc the depth. I replaced a few of mine for next to nowt. However I have a few decorative ones that need repairing so will see Graeme Scott about that.

Back