Replacement car reg plate

Cheers lads

Never thought about online, presumes it would be a stricter process, I’m assuming they are fairly easy to remove and apply, considering the person completing the task is thick as mince!

Last edited:
Be careful though. A mate fell foul of this.

Theres a few online companies lull you into beliving that you just pay'em £15 and they send a plate without issue or ID etc.

Once you place the order and pay, they then start to ask for V5 and photo ID etc, AFTER you have paid.
If you try to cancel they quote the Sale of Goods act stating it's a custom job and they have incurred expenses (after 30 seconds!)

My mate called them to explain it was a plate for a car show that had his name on, not the reg, so there was no V5.

They hung up on him after stating that their hands were tied.

In Sunlun?
Online isn’t being particularly helpful and any ideas on cost and what documentation is required?

Ta muchos
Motorist discount shop, bottom of Hylton Rd. That’s where I went when someone knicked the fuckers. V5 needed for proof. You get some double sided stick on pads, which are good, think it was bout £25

Cheers lads

Never thought about online, presumes it would be a stricter process, I’m assuming they are fairly easy to remove and apply, considering the person completing the task is thick as mince!

Make sure you clean the old pads off and surface areas otherwise you could end up buying them again ;)

Just make sure you get some with those Euro flags on so you look cool as owt. Don't get the ones with an England flag on 'cos you'll look like a racist.

Got front and back for a tenner last year on eBay - good enough quality and the correct fonts etc. Didn't have to enter any documents and they were delivered in about 48 hours.

Took some plates off a car I was selling to give it a good clean. They just screwed off but when I went to put them back on I realised they'd been screwed into the bumpers and the holes were now too big for the screws. I didn't want to drill another set of holes so I just stuck them on with velcro.

It wasn't until the buyer had fucked off I wondered whether they'd stay on with him doing 80 down the motorway.

Took some plates off a car I was selling to give it a good clean. They just screwed off but when I went to put them back on I realised they'd been screwed into the bumpers and the holes were now too big for the screws. I didn't want to drill another set of holes so I just stuck them on with velcro.

It wasn't until the buyer had fucked off I wondered whether they'd stay on with him doing 80 down the motorway.

Funny you mention that as I've bloody well seen a number plate which looked like velcro pads on it in the central reservation, whilst parked on the A19 of course. I did think "what dick fitted that" :lol::lol:

Back