Renting a Flat for work [Edinburgh]

I had to do that for a while, soon got sick of it. Got on first name terms with the staff :lol:
It's depressing living out of a hotel, like. Had to do it a bit last year. Dunno what it is, but I just can't relax in them as I do at home or in and airbnb or whatever.

Avoid de Alexander at all costs. Two separate friends have complained about them being terrible.

Espc.com and citylets are the goto options. What times of year are you looking at? A lot of them have a huge price increase at Hogmanay and for the festival.

Where in Edinburgh are you working? If it’s town centre and your monthly budget is low eg less than 750 a month you are best off looking out of town and then commuting in.

The new borders railway is canny and pretty much everywhere has good bus links to the centre. If you are at Edinburgh park, you’ll want somewhere over the west of the city.

Gimme a shout if you need anymore info as I’ve been here 24 years now so, can give places the nod if you aren’t sure.

Have you thought of a long term B and B? If that’s an option, there’s a canny one near the local train station for getting into town in about 15-20 mins.
Thanks mate. The move is looking closer now so need to get my skates on an sort something. It's only 4 weeks initially then we close down for a month over Xmas. Probably do AirBnB for he initial period then look something more long term from Jan onwards

Thanks mate. The move is looking closer now so need to get my skates on an sort something. It's only 4 weeks initially then we close down for a month over Xmas. Probably do AirBnB for he initial period then look something more long term from Jan onwards
Nice one. Welcome to the burgh.

If you do need short term, try the link I pm’d you. Nice little place.

Drop me a PM if there’s anything I can do or you want a view on certain areas. Moved to Edinburgh 25 years ago and still here.

Looks like I may be spending some time working up in Edinburgh and have started looking at places to rent
So far, all I can find are house shares (God help me) or dingy studenty looking flats

Can anyone offer some advice on websites to use to find decent places? Job is City Centre but flat doesn't have to be

Look at Leith.
Buses go up and down Leith Walk very frequently

It's your dungeon isn't it.

Will do mate thanks. It's more of a "welcome back" than a "welcome" as I spent first 7 years of my life in Broxburn
Drop me a PM if there’s anything I can do or you want a view on certain areas. Moved to Edinburgh 25 years ago and still here.
Thanks mate. I know Edinburgh fairly well from my childhood, but it's changed loads....

Last edited:
Cheap apartments on the bridge next to Frankenstein's at an affordable price,but I cannot remember who let them :-(
You central to everything there,so maybe knock on a door...

Back