Renewable electricity

Yes - and i was talking about right now.

There are a few big battery storage facilities being built as well so that should stop or at least reduce the carry on of paying to switch off turbines.
To be fair, I was also talking about right now, or at least the last published stats which were for Q4 2017 in that link I sent you.

I'm pretty sure that wind and solar haven't increased by 12% in the last few months

you need top feeding lakes to lower lakes that pass through a turbine. renewable hydro
Takes up a lot of space and upsets the locals. There are several projects at decommissioned power stations where they are putting in huge battery arrays. Brilliant business model - basically get the power for nowt when there is too much and sell it when demand is high.

To be fair, I was also talking about right now, or at least the last published stats which were for Q4 2017 in that link I sent you.

I'm pretty sure that wind and solar haven't increased by 12% in the last few months
Yes but I meant now as in at this exact moment in time. Still impressive over a quarter though.

Takes up a lot of space and upsets the locals. There are several projects at decommissioned power stations where they are putting in huge battery arrays. Brilliant business model - basically get the power for nowt when there is too much and sell it when demand is high.

Yes but I meant now as in at this exact moment in time. Still impressive over a quarter though.

doesn't have to at all. Its not like flooding whole valleys . they can actually be relatively small.

water flows down to lower lake via turbine when demand is high or wind and solar isn't generating. when lots of wind and oversupply the additional power is used to pump water back to the top lke and stored fro when needed again. Energy needed to produce these vast arrays is mammoth

doesn't have to at all. Its not like flooding whole valleys . they can actually be relatively small.

water flows down to lower lake via turbine when demand is high or wind and solar isn't generating. when lots of wind and oversupply the additional power is used to pump water back to the top lke and stored fro when needed again. Energy needed to produce these vast arrays is mammoth

Summat like this?

Electric Mountain - Home

The amount of curry we all consume I’m sure a different kind of wind energy could boost the resources although I haven’t quite thought about how it could be harvested :)

The amount of curry we all consume I’m sure a different kind of wind energy could boost the resources although I haven’t quite thought about how it could be harvested :)
It all amounts to the same thing, pump storage ;)

Back