Removing wallpaper backing

What A Waster

Striker
Lost Magpie
Once the top paper is off, what's the quickest way to get the backing paper off to allow for the wall to be replastered?
Will it be best off just using the steamer again?

Just stir 1 cap-full liquid softener into 1 liter water and sponge the solution onto the wallpaper. Let it soak in for 20 minutes, then scrape the paper from the wall. If the wallpaper has a water-resistant coating, score it with a wire-bristle brush before treating with the fabric softener solution.

Or just use the steamer.

Just stir 1 cap-full liquid softener into 1 liter water and sponge the solution onto the wallpaper. Let it soak in for 20 minutes, then scrape the paper from the wall. If the wallpaper has a water-resistant coating, score it with a wire-bristle brush before treating with the fabric softener solution.

Or just use the steamer.

Had the steamer on taking the top layer off and tbh the backing has never really budged.

Had the steamer on taking the top layer off and tbh the backing has never really budged.
I dont really know what I'm talking about I just copy & pasted that from google.

There looks to be loads of different ways to do it, just get googling and youtubing.

Bucket of warm water and a cloth. Rub wallpaper backing with wet cloth until it's soaked and then scrape off with scraper.

I've seen that said elsewhere but seems like a right faff on. Won't the steamer do that but quicker?

I haven't got a steamer so I've only used the water and cloth method. I soak a bit of wall, then soak a second bit and leave that to soak while I scrape the first bit. Rinse and repeat.

Back